barbell glute bridge.

Options
just a real quick question here, just wndering where you are meant to place the barbell on this kind of exercise? I used my 35lb barbell (just to try it out), and i had it on my hips, which friggin hurt. my hip bones were what was supporting the barbell, and i dont think this is right. any ideas? lower abs maybe? Would it be the same position as a barbell hip thrust?

stupid bony hips

Replies

• skylarlburke
    Options
    I use hand weights. They are smaller, so they don't stab into your hips.
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me but it should be directly on the hips. It is recommended to use a barbell pad or as in my case I use little foam pillows I made for exercises and lifting. Keep at it.. its so worth it!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Consider buying a thick barbell pad. It's a life changer when doing glute bridges and hip thrusts. You could also try using a thick towel. The bar must be placed across your hip bones.

When you have 10 minutes, watch this instructional video from Bret Contreras who is known the world over as the "glute guy." He's doing hip thrusts but the fundamentals are identical when doing glute bridges. It's an awesome video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCm-70-9_XE&list=PL4CE51ED9E54AA7C3&index=14&feature=plpp_video