Hello, I'd like to get to know you!

I'm 54 year-old woman who has struggled with health issues with my back, neck and joints. I went from a very active person to a very sedentary person. I've gained 103 pounds over a period of 10 years, which started with taking oral steroids for over 1-1/2 years!! At the time I didn't know that wasn't a good thing.

I've had several back and neck surgeries and I'm finally healthy enough to fully engage in life. My exercise options are limited quite a bit by my joint and back challenges. Nevertheless, I'm ready to be healthy again! I hate the way I feel and would like to change that.

I was always a very active person before I got sick, and loved to run, hike, ride bikes, camp, fish, etc. A lot has happened, but I'd like to return to those activities. I'd like to be able to hike, fish, walk by the beach, and play with my grandchildren. I want to look as good as I feel. I want to be attractive again to my husband, who has been so supporting during my difficult journey. I want to do it for me!

I'm just learning about weight loss. I'm very frustrated because I can't seem to lose any weight; my doc said he thought I'd have to starve myself! I don't accept that, and am willing to do everything I can to be successful. I'm going to educate myself on this site and try different things.

Any suggestions, ideas, tips, and encouragement would be GREATLY appreciated. I look forward to getting to know you.

Replies

• twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Have you tried Herbalife products? I am a distributor but I won't try to sell you anything or preach to you about weight - I'm on a journey of my own! I'm sure there are distributors locally where you live and I know they'd be more than willing to help you too. I have tried lots of diets in the past and have had some success but not without risking my health. This time I'm getting it done but SAFELY! Let me know if you want more info or just wanna be MFP friends : )