Chocolate Protein Powder

Options
lvnspoonful
lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
I have a huge container of Chocolate Protein Powder that I need to use so I was wondering if anyone had any recipes using protein powder? Besides just mixing it with water and drinking it??

Replies

• Majikk27
    Majikk27 Posts: 13
    Options
    there was a recipe on here last week for chocolate protein powder ice cream...i haven't tried it yet...but it sure looked good!
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I use half a scoop of chocolate powder, 100g of fage 0% yogurt, 50g raspberry's, 70g strawberry's, 50g blueberry's, 5 grapes, 5g walnuts

pop in freezer 20 mins.
  • leemarie324
    leemarie324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love to add a table spoon of peanut butter and a banana, sometimes i even add strawberries..
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have a huge container of Chocolate Protein Powder that I need to use so I was wondering if anyone had any recipes using protein powder? Besides just mixing it with water and drinking it??

CHOCOLATE PROTEIN POWDER, MINT EXTRACT, ICE AND SOY MILK. CHOCOLATE MINT ICE CREAM.....
  • atashby14
    atashby14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Make a chocolate banana smoothie! Milk, powder, a banana, ice...I usually add in some peanut butter or almond butter, too. I've also used strawberries, yogurt, etc. :)
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I make shakes with it: 1 scoop powder, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup light chocolate soy milk, and then add in whatever I feel like that day (peanut butter, fruit, etc). It's yummy and keeps me full all morning.
  • beckysuefit
    beckysuefit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    mix it with ALMOND milk... I will look you can make some nobake cookies too.. Ill look for that recipe!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    If you look under "recipes" then search "chocolate protein pwowder" there should be recipes that come up. There were quite a few the last time I looked:-)
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I would really suggest using the "search" button on this site - you will find plenty of info. There are even "groups" in the MFP community with all kinds of ideas. my personal favorite is 1tbsp peanut butter + 8oz vanilla soymilk + 2 scoops protein powder. Its basically a chocolate peanut butter smoothie. Or if you are nut allergic - use a banana... very delicious
  • kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    I put it in my coffee... everyone thinks im crazy, but it's like a mocha to me. If its dangerous to mix protein and caffeine, will someone let me know?
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Some recipe for protein ice cream...they turn out delish.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/08/protein-ice-cream.html

I add my protein powder to oatmeal, or make fruit shakes. You can also mix them with peanut butter and make little mini peanut butter protein balls for snacks.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You can also mix them with peanut butter and make little mini peanut butter protein balls for snacks.
    ^ These are DELICIOUS.
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    have seen recipes or protein brownies and a ferrero choc and hazelnut protein bread on a thread here the other day, or mixing with greek yogurt, or maybe fat free milk? not tried any of these myself though
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Yep .. .lots of stuff. Off top of my head ... check out www.leanbodylifestyle.com - some nice recipes there
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Prepare 1 serving of Quaker Oat Bran Hot Cereal using water. Stir in 1 serving of chocolate protein powder. Sweeten with sweetener of choice (I prefer splenda or stevia in the raw). Add a little extra liquid (can be more water, milk, almond milk, etc.) to acheive desired consistency. Delicious high protein breakfast that tastes like "Cocoa Wheats" hot cereal! =)
  • angelapolite
    Options
    I put it in my coffee... everyone thinks im crazy, but it's like a mocha to me. If its dangerous to mix protein and caffeine, will someone let me know?

Interesting :smile:
  • angelapolite
    Options
    I put it in my cream of wheat. YUM!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    You can also mix them with peanut butter and make little mini peanut butter protein balls for snacks.
    ^ These are DELICIOUS.

YUM! That would go great with my love affair with peanut butter :)
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Holy cow - you guys are great - thank you for all of the replies!!!!
  • Tallcolleen
    Options
    I like a protein "milkshake." In a blender, combine 1 scoop protein powder, 1/2 cup of milk (cow, soy, almond, it doesn't matter what you use), and 1/2 cup frozen cherries or frozen blueberries. It is rich, delicious, and satisfying. You can increase the quantity of milk and fruit, just use equal parts.