NSV! (Or, wow it's been a long time since I've planked)

Options
It's been a while since I've done much exercise. I've mostly been focussing on eating for the past several months. Recently I started back to walking, bit hadn't added back in my floor exercises. So today, I decided to do some an work. Not a ton, just a few sets of crunches and some planking. I was actually able to get up for my side planks for about 20 seconds each side, on all 3 sets. BUT! The biggest surprise was when I did my normal planks. As I was up on my feet and elbows, breathing and counting, I noticed something. There were probably a good 4-5 inches between my stomach and the floor! I used to get up, but there was, maybe 1-2 inches from me to the ground. I *know* I've lost the inches. I *know* I'm somewhere between a size 14 and 16, when the last time I did these regularly I was an 18/20. But, it still surprised me to see it! Made my day better:) Especially as I'm dealing with this little plateau that hit right as I was about to hit the 100 lb loss on the scale. These non scale victories are why we do it all, though.

Replies

• SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Wahoo!!!! Great job! Those side planks are tough!!!
  • happypath101
    Options
    OK. Reality check. NINETY NINE pounds! Holy Moly! Good for you! I know you must be dying to make that 100 pound goal. But, WOW! You've already won! Good for you! And, good on the successful planking. :O)
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yes! We do get inspired by our NSVs :) Way to go!!
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's HUGE nsv.
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    That is awesome..NICE WORK>
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!!!
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Nice!!! What awesome proof of your progress! Getting moving again will probably get the weight loss rolling again too. Keep up the excellent work! =)
  • jenbunboo
    jenbunboo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Fantastic for you! That is great! Keep up the amazing work. 99 lbs, so close I bet you can taste it!
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! And so is dropping 99 pounds!!! I can't wait until I reach the 99 down mark! Thanks for the inspiration :)
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I've done much exercise. I've mostly been focussing on eating for the past several months. Recently I started back to walking, bit hadn't added back in my floor exercises. So today, I decided to do some an work. Not a ton, just a few sets of crunches and some planking. I was actually able to get up for my side planks for about 20 seconds each side, on all 3 sets. BUT! The biggest surprise was when I did my normal planks. As I was up on my feet and elbows, breathing and counting, I noticed something. There were probably a good 4-5 inches between my stomach and the floor! I used to get up, but there was, maybe 1-2 inches from me to the ground. I *know* I've lost the inches. I *know* I'm somewhere between a size 14 and 16, when the last time I did these regularly I was an 18/20. But, it still surprised me to see it! Made my day better:) Especially as I'm dealing with this little plateau that hit right as I was about to hit the 100 lb loss on the scale. These non scale victories are why we do it all, though.

That is amazing! Good for you.
  • mission_possible
    Options
    Awesome NSV!! That's where it counts, noticing those types of changes!!
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!!
  • eklopez14
    eklopez14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OK. Reality check. NINETY NINE pounds! Holy Moly! Good for you! I know you must be dying to make that 100 pound goal. But, WOW! You've already won! Good for you! And, good on the successful planking. :O)

This :happy: Woo hoo for you!!
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! And yes, I know (and feel proud of) that 99 pounds is huge! I just really want to see that number tick:) I'm usually not that obsessed with the number. I know that every pound lost is a success. I'm just so looking forward to officially being 2/3 to my goal. It helps that I know I'm doing the right things. I just need to be patient, and keep on keeping on. I think a big part is that I don't really talk much about my weight loss on Facebook, or other non-mfp places. But I'm planning on doing something when I hit 100, and I'm just so looking forward to that. Oh well, I'll get there soon enough:) Thanks again everyone!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I think the scale seizes up when you get close to triple digits - It'll change soon though :) Great work!!
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    Fantastic well done! : )
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!