Lemon water

Options
2»

Replies

• kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just found some info about advantages of drinking lemon water, particularly in the morning on a blogspot. All good reasons to chug a glass at the beginning of the day.

"1. It keeps skin clear and glowing! I have noticed this. Hydration from drinking lemon water is great for moisturizing our skin from the inside out. Lemon also contains lots of Vitamin C, which helps with wrinkles and blemishes.

2. It kick starts the digestive system--a big glass of lemon water is a great way to start the day. It encourages the liver to produce bile which in turn aids in digestion. It increases urination which helps purify it. It also helps with heartburn and constipation.

3. It helps with weight loss--I have read that keeping the body in an alkaline state helps people lose weight faster. Lemons are high in fiber pectin, which helps keep one full, longer. They also have a diuretic effect, which helps with water weight gain."
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    GET SOME MIO!!!
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have a one liter water bottle that i put half a lemon in for the day... and drink away. I find it gives just enough taste to make it easier to drink.. and I also have def noticed the benefits of it. I agree with the keeping the body in the proper balance of alkaline and acid as mentioned before.

I stopped for a few day.. (forgot the lemons etc ) and i can honestly say i feel a diffrence.. i feel less "bloated" when the lemon is invovled.. maybe it is just in my head.. but works for me