Green Tea - Hot or Cold?

Options
I was looking to start incorporating some green tea in my regular diet and was wondering if it matters if I drink it hot or cold? A friend of mine insists that hot is the only way to go to get the desired effects, but, I would prefer cold so I was wondering if anyone else had any expert advice to share?????

Replies

• ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I've looked into this a lot because I REALLY like green tea and I find a cold glass to be the most refreshing thing EVER. From what I can tell, you still get all the antioxidents and wonderful things from it as long as you drink it how you brewed it.

If you want it warm brew it warm and drink it before it goes cold. If you want it cold, buy a tea pot with a diffuser in it (get plastic, the metal ones make it cloudy), put the tea leaves in the diffuser and pour cold water in it. Leave it in your fridge for a few hours and then drink it within the next two - tree days or it'll start turning brown and all bacteria-y.

I hope this helps!
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I never really looked into the benefits of hot versus cold either because I prefer it cold. I buy decaf green tea bags, put them in a jar of water and sun brew mine. I also have one of those Mr Coffee Iced Tea makers that I use when I run out and the sun isn't out.
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I dont know, hot or cold bring it on. I love that stuff!
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I love it both ways!!! I drink at least 4 cups per day.
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I drink it both ways as well. What kind of info are you looking for? Antioxidents value or metabolism boost.
  • kimster
    kimster Posts: 21
    Options
    I drink it both ways as well. What kind of info are you looking for? Antioxidents value or metabolism boost.

Hi everyone - thanks for the tips! As for what i was looking to get out of it, i was thinking metabolism boost, but, mostly because i didnt know about the antioxident values.... i am a new one with the tea party!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i make a shaken green tea.

i fill my 32oz water bottle with ice, then drop in a Celestial Seasoning Honey Lemon Ginseng Green Tea, fill with water, close the lid and shake vigorously.

i find it so refreshing and a good thing to have to sip on.

i have a ? does is count as more tea (32oz) or the same cuz i still use only 1 bag???

cheers:drinker:
  • kimster
    kimster Posts: 21
    Options
    mmmm - that shaken green tea sounds pretty good! I think i'll try that one, too! as for your question - i would think its the same amount of tea, just more diluted, right?
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hi-just read an article about it last night...they say that to get full benefits opf the antioxidants in it, is to drink it HOT. As it cools it loses the effect.:huh: Who knew? As for the weight loss benefits, not sure.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I dont know, hot or cold bring it on. I love that stuff!

Me too!!!

I drink hot with a smidge of stevia or raw honey...................wonderful and relaxing.

I drink it iced too with lemon, very refreshing............