Almost 50!

Options
I am trying to get into shape and live a healthy life. I have three wonderful adult children who experienced a highly obese mother most of their teen years. Through hard work, I have already lost 58 pounds. I am so proud of that accomplishment!! I was a size 18 - 20 and now fit into a size 12! I have taken many years off of my life.. but want to continue to become healthy and take off the remaining fat. I do not want to be skinny... just healthy.

Replies

• tamratowersbutler
    Options
    I am trying to get into shape and live a healthy life. I have three wonderful adult children who experienced a highly obese mother most of their teen years. Through hard work, I have already lost 58 pounds. I am so proud of that accomplishment!! I was a size 18 - 20 and now fit into a size 12! I have taken many years off of my life.. but want to continue to become healthy and take off the remaining fat. I do not want to be skinny... just healthy.
  • markfloyd
    Options
    Look at your diet and exercise as a lifestyle change into age management. We can't prevent the inevitable, but we can certainly prolong it just a bit and enjoy the years much more in a healthy and vibrant state.
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    Youw ill find lots of great support and friends here. Welcome to the MFP family. :smile:
  • bookworm
    Options
    Good for you!

I look up to my mom because of her attitude towards fitness. She's going to be 53 this year. She rides her bike and jogs every single day, does crunches and Pilates moves first thing every morning. But she's not obsessive, just keen on being a great grandma.