Low fat chicken hotdogs... Any ideas??

Options
lastfinaltry123
lastfinaltry123 Posts: 10 Member
I have a huge pack of low fat chicken hotdogs lying around. I just started this site and wana be healthy. Anyone can suggest any healthy ideas to use them?

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Chop them up and saute them with some rice and black beans and add in a dash of black pepper or cajun seasoning to spice it up. You can top with some tomatoes and cilantro and make a nice big bowl of food. Just measure everything out first so you can log it.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    umm, on a bun?
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    A really good sauce to dip them in.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Chop them up and saute them with some rice and black beans and add in a dash of black pepper or cajun seasoning to spice it up. You can top with some tomatoes and cilantro and make a nice big bowl of food. Just measure everything out first so you can log it.

That sounds yummy. I have to sear any sort of sausage/hotdog I have, whether it means blackening it on a grill or in a saute pan with a little oil. Especially if it's chicken or turkey, gets rid of that funk taste. Plus I like the charred crispy taste.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I hope you are talking about chicken sausage because a chicken hot dog sounds disgusting.

Sorry :flowerforyou:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    I hope you are talking about chicken sausage because a chicken hot dog sounds disgusting.

Sorry :flowerforyou:

They aren't too bad. I have them periodically as a lower calorie alternative to beef dogs. Beef hot dogs are amazing though... no doubt.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

That sounds yummy. I have to sear any sort of sausage/hotdog I have, whether it means blackening it on a grill or in a saute pan with a little oil. Especially if it's chicken or turkey, gets rid of that funk taste. Plus I like the charred crispy taste.

I like searing too. I sometimes will sear them on the grill then come toss them into the saute pan like this. It's very tasty.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Like tofu it just depends on what you put upon them.... I prefer to put Steak on them......

But seriously, butterfly them, sear them in a non stick skillet with onion and garlic maybe some rosemary, and get them as crisp as possible, slice them up and throw them on a salad.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Beef hot dogs are amazing though... no doubt.

I think you have hot dogs confused with some other actually delicious food.
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I grill them and put mustard and A1 steak sauce on them. Sometimes I have them with dill pickels.
  • Goldrusher
    Goldrusher Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try Hebrew National 97% all beef fat free hot dogs. Taste great Ike a premium hot dog and guess what? Only 40 calories each. The chicken ones taste like air! There rock and you can eat several for not many calories. They are hard to find. Wall mart used to sell them but no more. Safeway does. You can go to Hebrewnational.com to check your zip code adn who sells them You will never eat a chicken dog again!!!
  • lastfinaltry123
    lastfinaltry123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the ideas and comments :)

i think i will try them once ;-)