When to get my navel pierced?

Options
I had it pierced a few years back but my body rejected it and I never got it redone. Then I gained about 60 lbs and for sure wasn't getting it pierced weighing 220 lbs. I am now at 198 lbs, but I still have a "dunlap" belly lol. I want to get it pierced when I get to 190, whether or not the dunlap is fully gone. But someone said they got theirs pierced when they were chubby and when they lost a bunch of weight, the piercing turned out crooked. Can anyone relate to this? Should I go ahead and get it pierced at 190 lbs, or wait til I get to 165, where I was when I first got it pierced? (My goal isn't to go for a flat tummy, I just want the muffin top gone!)

Replies

• Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I've lost a lot of weight since getting mine done and mine is fine :)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I got mine done when I was 18. Had it until I got pregnant when I was 21, then I took it out (because, well, a pregnant chick with a belly ring? I don't think so). Since then, I've gained a bunch of weight, then lost some, and now I have the WEIRDEST stretch mark where my piercing was. My whole navel looks weird. I hope it doesn't look any weirder as I continue to lose weight.

I have a friend who got hers done and lost about 50 lbs after and the piercing was just really loose, if that makes sense. Like it kinda sagged a bit. I think it depends on your skin's elasticity, just like getting stretch marks. Could be fine for some people, but not for others. Since you're 21, you're young so you might be totally fine...kind of a gamble, I'd wait til you reach your GW personally. Then it could be like an awesome reward!
  • AshleyFletcher
    Options
    I got mine done when I was 18. Had it until I got pregnant when I was 21, then I took it out (because, well, a pregnant chick with a belly ring? I don't think so). Since then, I've gained a bunch of weight, then lost some, and now I have the WEIRDEST stretch mark where my piercing was. My whole navel looks weird. I hope it doesn't look any weirder as I continue to lose weight.

I have a friend who got hers done and lost about 50 lbs after and the piercing was just really loose, if that makes sense. Like it kinda sagged a bit. I think it depends on your skin's elasticity, just like getting stretch marks. Could be fine for some people, but not for others. Since you're 21, you're young so you might be totally fine...kind of a gamble, I'd wait til you reach your GW personally. Then it could be like an awesome reward!

Yea I have two small dot scars from mine. They look weird cuz my belly button stretched from the weight gain so they are placed funny lol. It actually does make sense about it being loose! And I'm surprised I didn't even think of that. Thank you for mentioning it. I am guessing I have bad elasticity since I have stretch marks galore :/ But I have been using Jergens lotion, I think, and it has helped them fade a bunch. Just gotta buy more and stick with it. I was gonna wait til I got to my GW but I am soo inpatient lol. But I will prolly end up doing it cuz once I get to 190 I will say, "Okay I will wait til 180" etc.