What to Make for Dinner? Dinner for Two

2»

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    On weekends when Im not busy I cook large portions of healthy meals and freeze the extras for when Im busy. I also keep my weeknight cooking simple cuz Im tired. My typical week looks like this

Monday- lemon garlic chicken. Dice chicken breast into chunks, chop up one clove of fresh garlic (or when Im really tired I just use a tablespoon of the jarred spice world minced garlic. Throw in pan with teaspon of olive oil and 1 cup of green beans. I squirt lemon juice on the chicken. Prep time 5 minutes cook time I think about 10 minutes

Tuesday- a lean piece of steak with grilled asparagus. Once again I go nuts with the garlic and put it all in a frying pan with a teaspoon of olive oil. Prep and cook time are about the same

Wednesday- I brown 4 oz ground chicken or turkey. While its browning I make half a cup of rice. When the meat is almost brown I put in half a cup of frozen pepper strips. When its all done I put them in a bowl and put a teaspoon of tobasco sauce on top and mix well Takes about 15 minutes

Thursday- 2 eggs, 3 strips turkey bacon 1 slice multigrain toast with a smidge of butter

Friday- I take one egg and beat it in a bowl. Take 1/4 cup dry oatmeal and blend until it is like bread crumbs and put in a bowl. I cut a chicken breast into strips and dunk first in the egg then coat in the oatmeal. I bake them in the oven at 350 for half an hour
    I usually make sweet potato fries to go with them, cut a sweet potato into fry like strips, put on a baking sheet and and drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil over them. They also bake at 350 for a half hour
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    I'm in the same boat with my boyfriend.

At home, I try to make healthy versions of things I know he likes, Sesame Chicken (not fried, like in restaurants), for example.

Sometimes if we can't agree on somewhere pick up food, he'll go to 'his place' and I'll go to my 'healthier place': I know it seems like a hassle, but it works for me!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    My dinners are simple. A protein, a carb and a veggie. Although your boyfriend isn't dieting, he can still eat like that. Just larger portions.

Tonite was grilled sausage a salad and a steamed artichoke, with some mac and cheese for the kids (husband is out of town, but he'd have the mac and cheese too).