MiO Water Enhancers

Options
124»

Replies

• Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Mio made me sick too. I was doing Splenda for a while, but as soon as I started using Mio, I got nausea and dizziness and headaches. Stopped Mio, but still reacting to Splenda. Cut it out of my diet (added back real sugar) and feel mucho better. Too bad too, cause I loved my Nestea shakers.
  • RhythmGypsi
    RhythmGypsi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just bought one last night for the first time. I bought strawberry/watermelon.

I tried some last night. I put a drop in club soda (I used to be a Pepsi junkie and crave the fizz)

It was really good, but I can't have more than one drop because anything with aspartame/sucralose gives me migraines.

Yeah, the ingredients in MiO are really gross =/ I have bought one myself for the few nights when I feel like I need more water and the thought of drinking it is not appetizing. I grabbed the Mango/Peach one, and I get by with just one squirt, but I don't feel good emotionally about drinking them.

People gotta start somewhere though, right? :)

12161155.png
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know that I could drink something that has propylene glycol as its second ingredient. For those that don't know propylene glycol is used to make stuff like some antifreezes, brake fluid, hydraulic fluid, shampoo, deodorant etc. To be fair, the propylene glycol is used to make "pet safe" antifreeze, but still...

http://antiagingchoices.com/harmful_ingredients/propylene_glycol.htm

Hope you don't eat any of the other stuff either

Here are some common foods that contain propylene glycol: certain mustards, food coloring, artificial flavors, certain chips, certain soy sauce brands, fried onions, certain strawberry and chocolate syrups, certain icing, canned coconut milk, certain salad dressings, certain ice cream brands, maple flavored bacon, certain juices, certain sodas, certain cake mixes, certain chicken bullion brands, fast food burgers and dipping sauces, certain yogurts -- and the list keeps going.

EXACTLY. Nice, Rachel. I wouldn't drink MiO for the longest time because I didn't know what was in it...so finally one day, I 'googled' each and every single ingredient. I was originally expecting to be freaked out by the propylene glycol, but for crying out loud, if I'm going to get that anal about what I put into my body, I'd have to cut out EVERYTHING that doesn't come directly out of the earth practically. I give huge kudos to people to truly eat nothing that is unnatural...but I need to be realistic for my lifestyle. I'm not willing to give up EVERYTHING that isn't 100% natural. I do my best, but am not getting all MiO-police on my water drinking habits.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Yeh, I just can't stomach the idea of adding all those chemicals to my liquids. I just drink the water straight up. I'm not big on the taste of water, but you get used to it..

Some people knock folks who drink bottled water as snobs but if you live in a place where the water is not great it makes a different. I grew up loving NYC water. It no longer smells or tastes good. I drink filtered water using a Brita Filter, but I vastly prefer Poland Spring Water.
  • itsnevrenough
    Options
    I love the black cherry. I wil have to look into the store brand. Mio is kinda pricey IMO.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    The ads are clever; too bad the ingredients are questionable. I'll stick with water, adding lemon if necessary.

I'm wary of developing a taste for things that are unnecessary and possibly harmful. You don't get something for nothing.
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just got the MioEnergy in Black Cherry. I have only had it once...and I have the Crystal Light Energy in Wild Strawberry. I am trying that now. I think I prefer the Crystal Light. I will only drink it once per day though for the energy.
  • ashleymichaud
    Options
    My favorite is the peach tea flavor :) But for people who don't like artificial flavorings and chemicals I have another suggestion. I've heard some of you suggesting adding lemon, why not other fruits or even vegetables? For example strawberries, peaches, watermelon, oranges, limes, or blueberries. They sweeten and flavor just enough and are perfect for a hot day. As for vegetables, if you have never had cucumber water, I definitely recommend giving it a try. Just slice them up thinly and throw them in a jug with some ice, delicious and refreshing :)
  • mahutch1
    mahutch1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You can get it at Walmart or any grocery store where they have the Koolaid.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options

My FAVE though has to be mixing it in plain greek yogurt. It adds flavor without the loads of sugar that most companies put in their flavored yogurts.

Hmmm, I am SO trying this! thanks for the idea
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I definitely still prefer the powder--Crystal Light and the like. To me, Mio has kind of a weird "chemically" taste.
    Ditto. And don't laugh, but sometimes I'll add a tough of crystal light to my greek yogurt. :smile:
    OMG! I just posted this and then saw someone ELSE does this too!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Love the sweet tea! (Wal Marts off brand) and grape
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the peach tea flavor :) But for people who don't like artificial flavorings and chemicals I have another suggestion. I've heard some of you suggesting adding lemon, why not other fruits or even vegetables? For example strawberries, peaches, watermelon, oranges, limes, or blueberries. They sweeten and flavor just enough and are perfect for a hot day. As for vegetables, if you have never had cucumber water, I definitely recommend giving it a try. Just slice them up thinly and throw them in a jug with some ice, delicious and refreshing :)

My co worker adds cucumber slices to her water and even stawberries
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Orange tangerine, fa sho!