TRX Training

Options
I took this class called Bodyweb by TRX this morning at my gym. Oh, man it was KILLER! I guess it's a suspension training system originally designed by Navy Seals. I can't wait to go back, it was so fun (and painful! haha)

Have you ever taken a TRX class or worked with the TRX system? Do/did you enjoy it?

I'm feeling muscles in my abs right now that I didn't even know existed. :huh:

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My tri club has incorporated the TRX system into our strength program, I'm very tempted to buy one for use at home and when traveling.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    My tri club has incorporated the TRX system into our strength program, I'm very tempted to buy one for use at home and when traveling.

If you travel a lot, it sounds like it could be a great investment! It's so compact and easy to take with you, plus it's an amazing workout! Sounds like a win/win decision. :smile:
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My gym offers TRX for one on one training. I love it! Wish they had a class.
  • maritenour
    maritenour Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I recently found a friendship with a personal trainer and he will he training me all summer with TRX. He swears by it, and if you saw his body you would too! haha
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    I recently found a friendship with a personal trainer and he will he training me all summer with TRX. He swears by it, and if you saw his body you would too! haha

I believe it! lol It seems like it provides excellent conditioning.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My pt uses it. It's a really good workout
  • chcoley
    chcoley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My gym is offerin a TRX "teaser" class next week...I thought about signing up, but I'm terrified!!!!
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I did it once. I was sore for daaaays, like 4 haha. My biceps, forarms and shoulders were a mess after! I loved it, but I dont think its something I could do often, I've had my shoulder worked on a few times, and I"m not sure it would be good for it to do TRX consistently
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The inches you lose in using TRX for two weeks will astound you! MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE......ABsolutely fabulous workout...and kicks your hiney!
  • apatrick106
    apatrick106 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love the TRX! At first I was intimated but 3 classes later it is the best work by far. I do it at my pace also as you know some are extremely fit and move right along but I really try and focus on using my muscles for the exercise! Muscles were sore that I did not even know existed but love feeling the burn! I am dripping in sweat when I am done and as you know it is all muscle workout no cardio. My gym charges extra for the class also which stinks but now that I know what kind of workout the class can give it is so worth it!

I was doing classes, weights, and cardio but after only adding TRX on Fridays for 30 mins do I actually feel like I am gaining muscle.
  • apatrick106
    Options
    The inches you lose in using TRX for two weeks will astound you! MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE......ABsolutely fabulous workout...and kicks your hiney!

You are100% right about that! I did not measure but I can feel a difference! I am going to take measurement today!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    One of the girls I work with does this and has been telling me to give it a try!! I've been looking into it....it looks like a lot of fun!! :)
  • apatrick106
    Options
    My gym is offerin a TRX "teaser" class next week...I thought about signing up, but I'm terrified!!!!

Do it!! I did a free class first also and I was terrified also but the instructor was great on making sure my form was correct and that I did the exercise correct and at my level. Keep it at your pace better to do 3 correct then 10 wrong!

Make sure you get major protein before and after your muscles will be sore!!
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My old trainer and I used to do TRX... it was by far one of my most favorite workouts that we did. SO much fun!
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    TRX is FANTASTIC!!! I am not currently taking it but whenever I do sign up for a class I notice results right away. I was taking one that combine TRX with cardio intervals and it was the best workout! It is a great workout for the abs as well because they have you do planks, mountain climbers, pikes etc. while suspended....I'm drooling thinking about it
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    A coworker gave me a one month free pass yesterday to the gym he goes to. They have the TRX equipment and a trainer specifically for it. I can't wait to give it a try!
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have one at home, but maybe I should sign up for a class too and learn some new moves with it. I think I'm only using it in the most basic way... lol
  • chcoley
    chcoley Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Do it!! I did a free class first also and I was terrified also but the instructor was great on making sure my form was correct and that I did the exercise correct and at my level. Keep it at your pace better to do 3 correct then 10 wrong!

Make sure you get major protein before and after your muscles will be sore!!

Thanks! I signed up tonight!
  • 2wiceOver
    2wiceOver Posts: 38
    Options
    Theres a wall of them at my gym. I use them from time to time. Love suspended crunches on there. There are lots of good videos online.
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    I think i'm gonna just do it once per week for now until I get stronger because I had some shoulder and neck issues after my last class...