I NEED MOTIVATION!! re-starting 30ds...

Options

Replies

• tlp148
    tlp148 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I started 30 Day Shred on 4/1/12. I have missed 2 days since starting but I try to do additional cardio, ab and arm work on the other days to help offset missing days. I did take before pictures and hope that I see great results by the end of my 30 (+2) days. This program ABSOLUTELY works as I already have noticable difference in my sides, back, and stomach!!! YEAH!
  • Zumba_Chloe
    Zumba_Chloe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 30ds tomorrow morning! Will take before and after pictures after each level. Feel free to add me and i'll upload them to here! :)
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I really want to restart too! I never made i past level one but have seen so many AMAZING results on MFP. I think i will start tomorrow (an added incentive is that my b-day is less than 30 days away- I should've started last week lol)
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I did 30Ds for about 6 months.. and loved it.... 30 days straight then 5 days a week after that. I didn't take picts but wish I had. I will always write nothing but great things of that video. Now I'm in a fitness bootcamp 3 times a week that is 70 minutes long and I run a mile 2 days a week as well. If I had not done 30DS I wouldn't be where I am now.... not that I'm done..... I'm still completely a work in progress and I'm loving every minute of it. The sorenes and the pain just make me smile, a littel bit because I'm hurting a lot a bit because I'm doing something! :flowerforyou:
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    I did day 4 this morning. I'm only doing it 6 days a week. I also decided to do more cardio and lay off the strength training while I am doing this. I am having an easier time with the moves (minus the side lunges with the weights). I have 30DS befores on my personal blog (invite only) and a few here on my profile. I will take photos after each level. My belly seems a tad more toned so far.

ETA- The pushups, I can only do about 15 of the regular ones before I have to go to the girly ones.
  • ofthevalley
    Options
    I am going to restart the 30 DS.
    I did it and completed it last summer and then moved on to the gym and gave up my at home workouts. Kids are on vacation this week so there is no better time to restart. I'm planning on doing it along w/my gym work once the kids are back in school. Time to double time it now that summer is upon us!
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    so glad to hear everyone is pushing forward with the 30ds. good luck to all....

feel free to add me. the more support the better!
  • silkandsugar
    Options
    I don't have before and afters but I can tell you it's a great workout so you should definitely start and finish this time! I'm currently on level 3. Good stuff!
  • scoobug0617
    Options
    YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!!! Im starting today to and am terrified. But my heistation is far outweighed by the absolute HATE of my reflection in the mirror. Therefore I will push play and push through. Feel free to add me if you like. good luck
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Stay focused and repeat "How bad do I want it" on a regular basis, because ultimately only you can do it and no one else can do it for us. You'll get there :)
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. Friend me if you like!! =)
  • steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    Options
    I am also re-starting 30 ds again. I am sorry that you had hurt yourself. I also need lots of motivation to get started again. I was on day 7, but I was out of work healing from surgery and since coming back to work, I need to find the time. But, I have lots of motivation.
    Sent you a friend request!
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with Level 2 but so having a hard time sticking with it. I swear I mentally talk myself out of it all the time. Only 3 more days of Lv 2 and then on to 3. I think half the problem is that I'm not seeing much change. :( Although my strength has increased a ton. IDK Just discouraged.
  • Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I started 30ds yesterday, and am soooo sore, I can barely move, but going to do it again today. I refuse to give up. I'm so excited to see what the measuring tape shows when I'm done.
  • jparker12379
    jparker12379 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I keep saying I am going to restart the 30ds fell off track easter weekened and just havent been able to push myself into making time for it. Tonight there are no excuses (yet) so I am going to force myself to push play and do the work out.... that first step is the hardest.
  • EMagineBeingEMazing
    Options
    bump
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am restarting again too. I couldn't do level 2 last time because of the jumping but maybe by the time i get there this time
  • Smc2489
    Smc2489 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can do it! The first 5 days are the worst - after that you don't feel the soreness, you just start to feel stronger. Go through to the end! It is worth it. I promise. 30DS was the first thing I started and completed entirely. Now I do the levels for fun in addition to other workouts.
  • andream1976
    andream1976 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you're feeling! I lost 23 lbs last February into August, mostly doing WW and felt really good about myself for the first time in years. Since I'm usually way more active in the summer, I didn't really add much exercise into my routine. And with 2 young kids, I run around *plenty* throughout the day. I was doing fairly well at maintaining my weight loss....until the holidays! I quit counting points as a "reward" to myself and allowed myself to eat all the holiday goodies that came my way. Over the last 2-3 months, I've managed to gain 10 of the 23 lbs I lost back and I am not a happy camper!!! I just joined myfitnesspal yesterday and started the 30 day shred. I'm feeling it today!! It's hard for me, even on level 1, and I can see how one could lose and tone up very quickly on by doing this video. But I think it's a great workout and love that it's only 20-30 mins. It's a bad *kitten* 20-30 mins but hey, noone ever said it would be easy. Keep up the good work! You can do this!
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with Level 2 but so having a hard time sticking with it. I swear I mentally talk myself out of it all the time. Only 3 more days of Lv 2 and then on to 3. I think half the problem is that I'm not seeing much change. :( Although my strength has increased a ton. IDK Just discouraged.

Hang in there, you'll see results if you stick with it. It really is a mental thing. I seem to notice as I go through the Levels that there are phases I hit as I progress.

Day 1 - That was really hard, I'm not sure I can do this.

Day 2 - Crap, I don't really want to do this but I'll try.

Day 3 - Huh, that wasn't too bad, I did all the moves.

Days 4-6 - Shut the F*** up Jillian! Is that all you got? You're not going to beat me.

Days 6-10 - Bring it b****!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!