Hi - I am Debbie

Options
Hello everyone. I am new to the site and just beginning my long journey of weight loss. I have 30 pounds to lose and would love to wake up tomorrow and it was gone. I know that is not happening so after work today, I am heading out to the gym. I love fruit and veggies and do not eat meat so I know that I can do this. My only issue is my age, as they say when you get order your metabolisum slows down and mine must have stopped:laugh:

So, anyway, I look forward to chatting and getting some new ideas from everyone.:drinker:

Replies

• idreamof55
    idreamof55 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi Debbie and WELCOME!!!!!
    I am same age as you and i have been doing great! So far I have lost 13 lbs. I have alot more to lose then you do. I am very excited to be on MFP. The tools are great. Most helpful thing is logging your food before you eat and drinking a TON of water. I love being able to side my maker closer and closer to my goal. ( I am almost out of the rain clouds and headed for the sunshine. My favroite meal is at breakfast i love yogurt and I take 1/2 c of grape nuts and add to my fat free yougurt. It is very filling and taste wonderful. best of luck!

Jeanne
  • fjm1061
    fjm1061 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Counting calories and eathing healthier does it for me so far. I've gone from a 233 high down to 217 so far, my goal is 186. Absolutely no alcohol and no sugars, sorry. I know it's tough, but you can do it. The sugar part is very tricky, same with salt content. Become an expert at reading labels. Manufacturers are good at hiding sugar and salt in the products they make. I walk 3 times a week on my treadmill. Work at it and you'll get results in no time.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best site ever. You will love this site. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • DebDebInCT
    DebDebInCT Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want to thank eveyone for their words of wisdom and encouragement. I feel I am on the right track with eating and not having any alcohol with dinner. I have been doing my exercises and love logging my food and water intake. The water is easy as I am always drinking water and not soda.

I'm on Jenny Craig so my meal planning is relatively easy and I add fruits and veggies. I look forward to having all your support and ideas.

Thank you so much.

Debbie
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You can do it Debbie! Just make sure to be honest about servings and exercise, then log everything, stay under your goal and you will lose! It's working for me and will for you too. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie! Welcome!
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Add this guy: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/SofaKingRad_

Tons of info and support. Always there to help cheer you up!##