Better than I ever imagined!

Options
Ahmee2034
Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
As some of you may know, my son was in an auto accident on Easter that left him with a broken neck. Long story short, I haven't been able to go to work (I work at our local high school) since before Easter. So, finally, I was able to return this week. Everyone expected me to return bigger than ever. You know how you eat when you're stressed, etc., etc. Well, when I walked into the office and they got a gander at me they actually stood with their mouths open!!!!! It was the best feeling in the world! And, to top it off, I quit smoking, too. They are STILL telling me how good I look and to keep up the good work. A few have asked me how I did it. You know, they want an easy answer like some miracle diet pill. When I tell them that I've changed my lifestyle and began exercising and just living healthy, they can't believe it. A few people have had me help them sign up for MFP. I've printed my diaries for them to show them how I ate and exercised. They have no idea how happy they've made me. I did it all for myself, of course, but the accolades don't hurt the ego either! I'm only 17 pounds away from goal weight. I can't "weight" to get there! IT WILL HAPPEN!

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your son's accident.

congrats on the way you feel....Doesn't it make it all worth it?! Just to feel so good about yourself!!
    Very happy for you :happy:
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    Thank you on both counts. My son is definitely blessed. He is literally walking away from the accident. He has suffered no permanent damage (paralysis, nerve damage, etc.). So, I know God has him in His hands.

Thank you for the encouraging words. Have a great weekend!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    Wow... so sorry about your son. I hope he has a full recovery. give him hugs and Congrats on the head turning!
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    Wow... so sorry about your son. I hope he has a full recovery. give him hugs and Congrats on the head turning!

Thanks! He is really doing great. He is my heart...:heart:
  • thinforlife
    Options
    What you did was turn lemons into lemonade!!! Refocusing your stress on good instead of something detrimental is sometimes one of the hardest things you can do - but by the sounds of it you have succeeded in a huge way. congratulations.
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    OMG! Thank you all so much for your kind words. I was kind of feeling sorry for her but, I tried to get her to eat what I eat instead of the fast food stuff but she refuses to even try. So, I guess I have to live by example. Maybe one day we'll be "teamsters" and exercise together...Now there is an idea! I can make that one of my goals...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!