5'-5'2" girls! what's your goal weight and body fat %?

Options

Replies

• Elizabiza
    Options
    BMI and body fat percentage aren't correlated necessarily. If you have a lot of muscle mass then your BMI won't be accurate. Go by body fat percentage. For women 14-20% is athletic, 21-24% is fitness level, 25- 31 is acceptable, 32% or higher is obese. Any less than 10% body fat is not safe either.

A goal of 18% is great! Super fit!!! I'm trying to get to the 21-24% range (last measured at 28% but I've not done a calipers measurement which is supposed to be more accurate than the gizmo my trainer uses.) I'm not really even focusing on weight so much anymore because athletic performance is more important to me. I'm becoming convinced through my research that I need to add more weight training in order to see my body fat % drop anymore.
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think people are a bit confused...as BMI and body fat % are 2 different things. Two totally different calculations. BMI is calculated the same way no matter what...using your height and weight. Body fat % has several different ways to calculate it and all will come up slightly different...so it's best to use the same calculator every time so at least you know if you are going up or down. None of the body fat calculators are perfectly accurate thought. Just an FYI :)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I'm not overweight, and I'm hesitant to state goals because if I don't meet them I feel lousy. My ultimate goal would be to get back to my college weight, which was the low 90s. But I don't know if that's realistic. Using Intermittent Fasting, I broke 100 today and am 99.5. My body fat percentage is 20 per my scale, which may underestimate. I wouldn't mind lowering that. One day at a time.
  • msqueenofpain
    msqueenofpain Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    feeling like it's going to take forever to lose 30 more pounds
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0"

Starting weight was 164 lbs and 45% body fat

Current weight is 119 and 28% body fat

Goal is 105ish lbs or (preferably) 20% body fat.
  • I'm 5ft I weight 148 my bmi is 28%. I'm trying to get down to 125 to have healthy bmi of 25%. Your numbers do seem a bit high.
  • SteveStedge
    Options
    Where are you getting your numbers from? Your BMI doesn't seem right to me....

I'm 5 feet tall, I started at 180 and my body fat was 35%, I'm now 138 and my BMI is 26%. My goal is to get to 125-126lbs, so I have a healthy BMI of 25%

i used the fat 2 fit website they have a calculator that used measurements height age and weight. this isn't my first time on MFP, last year i lost a lot of weight and started exercising like crazy then i stopped, gained some back and now here i am. my arms and legs are still pretty toned. i'm trying to get back down to 145 where i was at when i felt if i was any thinner i would look sickly, and tone my mid-section.

EDIT: I wear a size 7 jr in jeans.

BMI=FAIL.

BMI is absolute nonsense. It assumes and man and a woman at the same height should weigh the same. Which is ridiculous.

Bodyfat percentage is the important number, and you can't calculate that through a website. You need to get that tested to determine how many pounds you need to lose to be at a certain bodyfat percentage. 18-20% is about what most Victorias Secret models are just for reference.
  • kmartinixx
    kmartinixx Posts: 197
    Options
    I'm 5'3'', I am currently 178 lbs, and 32% BF. I would eventually like to be around 125-130 lbs, and 22% BF.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and weigh 123 pounds, and last time I checked, I was around 21% body fat. I'm trying to get down to about 115 or so with a body fat percentage of 18%. I'm mainly just trying to get more muscle definition and tone up a bit so if I reach that look before I hit my goal weight, even better! These last few pounds have been hard to lose, but I'm in this for the long haul.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    5' 2&3/4"

My goal weight was 118 but I just changed it to 138 due to a number of sources pointing to the same number as being appropriate for me. That's with a goal body fat of 22%.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    13-14% body fat at the moment, and id like to stay there.
  • kglading
    kglading Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    According to the BMI calculator here on mfp, my body fat % is 26.5%. I really don't know what I want it to be though.
    I'm 5'2 and weigh 145 lbs
    I'm thinking 115-120 lbs is my goal, but we will see when I get there what I really do want
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting your numbers from? Your BMI doesn't seem right to me....

I'm 5 feet tall, I started at 180 and my body fat was 35%, I'm now 138 and my BMI is 26%. My goal is to get to 125-126lbs, so I have a healthy BMI of 25%

I think you are confusing BMI with body fat %. 2 different numbers! BMI uses a chart. Body fat % is calculated using several measurements across the body to determine how much of your weight is fat versus muscle.
  • briwelsh27
    briwelsh27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am just 5 ft. I mostly give myself the extra quarter inch. but I weigh 144 right now with a BMI of 27%. I'm not sure of my body fat percentage but I would like to weight 110/115. Giving me a BMI of 22 I believe.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    5 3 and currently about 136ish with body fat % around 28%, looking to get down to about 20% so about 120lbs, but rather be a higher weight and more muscular!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", Currently 109, 19.5 % body fat.

My goal body fat % is about 17, goal weight is about 105 but will fluctuate based on the muscle gains... not as important as BF to me.
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    5'2" here. Started 171 post baby #2. Currently 146, but I am hoping to get down to 135. Once there I'd love to be 125 again, or anywhere inbetween the two, but at least at 135 I'd be a healthy BMI. Current Body fat is about 28%. Who knows what percentage I'd be at 135 lbs, hopefully a healthy one!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and would like to get to 115 or 110. Last time I checked, I was 138 lbs.

My BMI is healthy (almost over) but I have a lot of body fat because I had a baby 6 months ago and the weight is not shedding as quickly as I'd like around my midsection. My body fat percentage puts me at OBESE!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 years old, 5'2", currently at 136 (started at 252 pounds) and my body fat is between 29-31% (don't have a way to accurately measure that).

I would like to get down to 132 (was there for a week last September, but then gained about 9 pounds back), but if I don't get there I'm fine being at this weight. I would like to get by body fat down a bit more.

one of the sources that put my GW at 138 was taking into account my age (43). So at 42 and only slightly shorter than me not even an inch, I'd guess your current weight might be appropriate.
  • jmora50
    jmora50 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 5 ft and weigh 121lbs. Just had my body fat tested and it was 18%. I am 50 years old. I think my BMI is higher, 23.6. I have a goal of 116 but the last 5lbs are tough.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!