"Triggers" or things that set you off

Options
Did okay yesterday until I got off work, than WHAM-something sets me off & I end up having a large, unhealthy dinner from Taco Bell. Yes, I should have taken a walk, picked up a book, jumped on here, etc to shake off some of that frustration/anger/emotional whatever instead of pulling a binge.

So my question is: what sets you off and what do you to to shake it off, release it, let it go, etc?

Replies

• WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, its movie night with my husband. Anytime I am relaxing with him, I have a severe temptation to eat and drink. Its horrible...

I make sure I drink lots of water instead
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Fresh Sourdough bread with butter! :bigsmile:
  • mskay50
    mskay50 Posts: 1
    Options
    It doesn't take a lot for me to go off . I am usually too tired or just frustrated . My binges are all about carbs. Maybe we can help each other . If i can just stop in time I know i will be ok . it is also a habit to handle my feelings by eating .
  • kellyreynolds14
    Options
    I would say boredom and knowing I should be doing houshold chores that I just don't want to do! Those are big triggers for me.

I am still trying to figure out what works, but I would say I allow myself to snack on whatever I am craving but make sure that I measure it out, make the portion size reasonable even if I want the whole dang bag of meltedy cheese, and know how many calories it is going to cost me BEFORE I put it in my mouth.

Laying down and reading a book helps me too. Also making up a hot bath and getting in the tub has worked a couple times (I just wish my tub was more comfortable!) But this is a daily battle and you have to get creative. Good luck!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Stress, major stress. Yesterday I had my water heater leaking and it flood my garage, I ate a carrot cake followed up with a mexican dinner with chips and salsa. I really wish I could control my stress eating.