disturbing video: cops beat man lying on the ground

Options
***Edited by MFP moderator***

i'm.... wow. Apparently he's a drunk driver, and he's lying on the ground, and the cop on top of him yells "STOP RESISTING!", then raises up his fist and delivers a powerful punch to his face. Then another one.

scariest thing: The Milwaukee Police Department found no wrongdoing on the part of its officer

the video is pretty disturbing in my opinion, it's painful to watch, and i'm shocked the police department think that is just fine and dandy

no word on a lawsuit but.... i really hope he files a lawsuit. Usually i'm all for the police, they're just doing their job, but this cop just looks like he wanted to beat someone in the face and... hey look, i can punch this drunk guy in the face! Tonight's gonna be a good night!

Replies

• loseweightjames
    Options
    no replies? huh, ok
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    They're partially behind the car so it's hard for me to tell what the guy was doing but it didn't look like he was trying to resist. Who knows, but WOW that looked painful! I'm glad I don't drink. I'm not sure how I would react if I got drunk. I can't stand the thought of being restrained (I'd probably have an anxiety attack) so I'd probably get an even worse beating just for trying to not get restrained out of panic.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Where I live, the police force went under FEDERAL investigation for 'questionable force', and it was found that the department was 'broken'...there have been several cases where officers shot and killed innocent citizens, or beat them severely.

i have lost trust in the police force here, and anything involving a police officer using excessive force no longer surprises me.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    So you just post videos and news stories of things that outrage you?
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    at least it wasn't a 6 year old this time.
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    So you just post videos and news stories of things that outrage you?

should i be posting videos and news stories of things that don't bother me?
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    This topic is being locked for the following reason:

16. No Political Topics in the Main Forums

Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal.

You may review the posting guidelines by following this link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Please note that the link contained in the OP has also been removed.

wenders123
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.