women: what do you wear to the gym?

Options

Replies

• zumbaabby
    zumbaabby Posts: 59
    Options
    I actually prefer cotton yoga pants to lycra pants...for me they breathe easier. I wear a regular underwire bra (I haven't found a good underwire sports bra yet...any info would be appreciated :) )...and then a wicking tank and a cotton shirt of some kind. I actually really like the 'boyfriend tees' from target. they are v-neck and the material is fairly thin. :)
  • 2triscuit
    2triscuit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants, a seriously heavy duty sports bra (bounce.titlenine.com... many choices for the DD crowd), and often a long sleeved, synthetic fiber t-shirt. I don't know why some folks seem to think I want to see so much of their skin (and drippy, flying sweat) when they're working out.
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    clown shoes , a tiara,fair wings,and neon green tutu,full make up and hair curled
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    clown shoes , a tiara,fair wings,and neon green tutu,full make up and hair curled
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Seeing as I am the only woman in the free weight room, I make sure to cover up as much as possible. Yoga pants, compression bra (bless you Champion!) and a baggy long sleeve T. The guys are covered up, too, so anything less wouldn't look appropriate.
  • bodyrocks365
    Options
    Since my last post I bought a bunch of stuff:

-Compression pants
    -spandex shorts
    -2 awesome underarmour sports bras (I am little on top and they are like moisture wicking spandex bralettes)
    -running shorts

so now I can comfortably wear my tank tops without flashing anyone and by the end of the workout I have sweat on my back and front but it's worth it- I hate the workout tanks with built in bras they are too hot and restrictive for me.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Since my last post I bought a bunch of stuff:

-Compression pants
    -spandex shorts
    -2 awesome underarmour sports bras (I am little on top and they are like moisture wicking spandex bralettes)
    -running shorts

so now I can comfortably wear my tank tops without flashing anyone and by the end of the workout I have sweat on my back and front but it's worth it- I hate the workout tanks with built in bras they are too hot and restrictive for me.

I was just complaining about the workout tanks with built in bras.. I tried on one last night that was medium and fit like an extra small.. god was that annoying. Plus they are really restrictive and tight!

The best workout tanks I found are by Under Armor.. I got them at the outlet, but they are very soft, loose and long. I love them for lifting weights in!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Sports bra under a men's undershirt (I buy those Hanes multipacks because they are way cheaper than they women's equivalents!) and capri-length yoga pants or full length running pants depending on how hot it is. I'm definitely not confident enough in my belly yet to just wear the sports bra either!!
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a tank top, sports bra, shorts, and either sneakers or my Vibrams!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Capris, cotton tee-shirt (not baggy), underwire Danskin sports bra and tennis shoes for my exercise workout days. For zumba days, basically the same except I have a pair of capezios for zumba shoes and a 2nd sports bra. Oh and my Polar FT7 HRM - every workout.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Sports bras, old shirts that are a bit big on me now, and sweatpants. With my hair as short as it is, I'm rather sure some people question my gender but I'm not there to go "hey look I'm a girl!"
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I don't like anything too tight or clingy. I do a sports bra, usually a cotton shirt on top, and cotton pants on the bottom that are a bit flowy, but not heavy or distracting. I don't like yoga pants if I'm not doing yoga though more power to those who love them. I wear workout sneakers too and have my hair pulled back. I've seen women at the gym with just sports bras or little shorts and a sports bra. Both men and women come in and work out in street clothes.
  • TXGirl821
    TXGirl821 Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm usually in some baggy black cotton workout pants that will need to be thrown out soon because they're getting too big, a strappy tank top, and a sports bra - preferably in some bright color because I like bright colors. I sweat a LOT when I workout, so I just can't have sleeves on!

Oh, and a tiara. Obviously.
  • pagingdoctork
    pagingdoctork Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I usually run outside in the Texas heat, so I wear a sports bra and yoga capris or norts.

I'd wear the same inside, but my university gym doesn't allow it, so usually norts and an old cotton shirt (cut into a racerback tank) over the bra. It's not as cool, but it's much better for the rock wall anyway-- no skin showing for the harness to dig into!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants, Champion sports bra, sneakers and usually a v-neck.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    i wish i was brave enough to wear a sports bra to the gym. but after having kids, my stomach still has a little extra skin that hangs there. any way. i usually just wear a comfortable top to run in, a t shirt of some kind, and black spandex work out shorts.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Silly me I thought there would be pictures.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm a big girl and my twins are fairly large, so I usually wear a regular bra with a sports bra over top, and then some sort of Lycra top or a t-shirt... it's a lot of layers but I found that I uh, bounce around too much otherwise and it just gets really uncomfortable. :(

As for pants, whatever is light and cool, usually yoga pants or capris.
  • mandy_lee86
    mandy_lee86 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately (and fortunately) I have made mini goals and my 30 lb goal is to buy new workout clothes. So, I wear the same thing a lot and do a lot of washing! It's hard not to break my goal and to go ahead and get new workout clothes. 4 lbs away! Right now I wear long black pants (I want to start wearing shorts but i'm afraid they'll "ride up" when I workout. I also want to wear something other than tshirts.
  • angrykitty13
    angrykitty13 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Zumbaabby - (and anyone else looking for a good sports bra):

Try Moving Comfort. They make great bras from women A cup to about a DD. They have a variety of styles (underwire, racerback, etc) and their bras are very adjustable. A lot of running stores carry their products, as does Title Nine. I've seen some of their product line at ****'s Sporting Goods too.

If you're a difficult size, Enell makes the most jiggle-resistant sports bras on the planet. They'll even custom make them for you if their standard sizes don't fit. They're not the prettiest sports bras but they're functional. The Biggest Loser outfits their contests with Enell bras.

Shock Absorber bras are also amazing. I think they run through an E-cup. Great for running. Cuter than Enell, and almost as good if fitted correctly.