NSV - small and kind of sad but ...

Options
Pokermom10
Pokermom10 Posts: 78 Member
I did something today I haven't done in over a year. I took the stairs to my car after work. I park on the 8th floor of my parking garage and I thought "Okay, today I'm going to walk up the first few flights, then I'll take the elevator". But once I started up, I didn't quit til I got to the 8th floor. I hit the landing on 8 and gave a mental fist pump. The last time I took the stairs, I was winded after 3 flights, but today I did all 8! I was a little out of breath but not dying. 8 floors is not much and it's sad how out of shape I was, but I'll take it as a small victory anyway.

Replies

• ChristySeeksBalance
    ChristySeeksBalance Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Stairs are harder than a lot of people realize. Great job!
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Go you.
  • jeskate
    jeskate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Keep it up. Little things like that make a difference!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Nothing sad about that! It's great exercise! And hard if you aren't used to it...
  • Lindamack5987
    Options
    WTG after 8 flights of stairs I would be calling for an ambulance.
  • Pokermom10
    Pokermom10 Posts: 78 Member
    Options

LOL. I thought I would too!

Thanks for all of the support. :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

Me too! It doesn't sound like a little thing to me!
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Great job! Now you know you could do it all the time if you wanted. Just think of all the extra calories you will burn.
  • jammiemd
    jammiemd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I cant wait until i'm able to do 8 flights without dying!
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Not sad at all!! Progress is fabulous!! Changing who you were into who you are now took WORK. You worked hard and now you have results!! Keep doing what you're doing and your next NSV will be even more impressive!

Congratulations and keep up the good work!! <3
  • jodyl70
    jodyl70 Posts: 94
    Options

Or a taxi cab to take me the rest of the way to my car! :laugh:

Good job on the stairs!
  • Reni421
    Reni421 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't think its small or sad! Congratulations!!!
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That is no small NSV...that is awesome. One question...what kind of shoes were you wearing?
  • gemmabarr91
    Options
    the little things can make a big difference! it's not sad at all. well done!
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    HELLS YES!!! I'd take it too! Way to go and not take the elevator after 3!!! Sooner than you know it, you'll be jogging up them flights!
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Not small and def not sad!! We have to take little steps in order to take bigger steps and you have done just that!!! Keep up the great work and know that you can accomplish whatever you set your mind to! :smile:
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    NOT small! HUGE!! HUGE!!
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, it really is. I trained for and ran a half marathon recently... and the 3 floors of stairs up to my office still leave me breathless. Stairs are tough!
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I hate stairs...partly because I have bad knees, and stairs are hell on my knees. I'm making myself take them one flight at a time. Awesome job going up 8 flights after a day of work. That's a big victory!
  • treeeee
    treeeee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am in the best shape of my life and a couple flights of stairs can get me panting. So awesome that you pushed yourself and got up all 8 flights. its the little things like that, that make all this hardwork worth it! Thanks for sharing with us.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!