Not eating enough calories please help

Options
Hi

Im new to this and have decided to plan my menus a day a head so that i know roughly how many calories I will consume. Ok my problem is that I am not eating the 1200 calories recommended by mfp. I have planned my menu for tomorrow and it has amounted to 1137 calories but I am earning 841 calories back from exercise. This leaves me with a further 904 calories left to eat. I dont think that I can eat more than i have set out as to me it is quite alot of food.

I should also mention that I am wheat intolerant so tend to stay away from wheat and foods high in gluten. Im looking to loose about 40lbs to take me to 142lbs.

My menu for the day is:

Breakfast
Egg-Hard Boiled - 1 Egg, 2 egg 140 0 10 12 0 0

Lunch
Balsamic Vinegar, 3 tbs
Large King Prawns
Cucumber
Lettuce - Iceberg (
Carrots
Red Pepper 1/2 -
Broccolli
Tomatoes
Avocado-Small,

Dinner
Brussels sprouts
Chicken
Spinach
Garden Peas
Broccoli
Onion

Snacks
Fat Free Natural Greek Style Yogurt x2
Apple
Orange

I am aware that my menu will change on a day to day basis bout I do intend to ea lots of veg with my dinner. I am just worried that people are talking about starvation mode and obviously my goal is to lose weight consistantly

Thanks guys

:)

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    almonds are your friend. great for the workout
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    add some nitrate free bacon or veggies sauteed in coconut oil to your breakfast. Eat full fat yogurt instead of fat free. Fat is your friend. Eating some healthy fats is going to up your calories and make you feel awesome. Have some kalamata olives or full fat cheese with your veggies. All gluten free, too :)
  • acman145acp
    acman145acp Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be overly concerned about "starvation mode".

My daily calorie intake has been all over the place since i started this lifestyle change.

While i'm sure everyone's body reacts differently everyone i know that eats high protein low carb looses weight.