Chickpeas

Options
Ahmee2034
Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
Hey y'all. I have a can of chickpeas and I'd like to make veggie burgers with it. Any good recipes?

Replies

• Ahmee2034
    Options
    Well, some people call them garbonzo beans. They are more like beans than peas. To me, they're kind of a cross between navy beans and butter beans. They're used extensively in vegetarian dishes.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I got one years ago that I loved, I don't know where it is but it was by rachel ray:happy:
    goodluck, maybe look at her website or allrecepie.com
  • ltfrombc
    ltfrombc Posts: 22
    Options
    I got this while on weight watchers. Not sure of the NI for them however. My boys loved them.

Roasted Chick Peas

They are awesome! I just rinsed and drained the Chick peas. Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil cooking spray. Put Chick peas on in single layer. Spray with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake at 350 for about an hour. Shake pan every 15 minutes to prevent burning. They are so good and crunchy!
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    I got this while on weight watchers. Not sure of the NI for them however. My boys loved them.

Roasted Chick Peas

They are awesome! I just rinsed and drained the Chick peas. Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil cooking spray. Put Chick peas on in single layer. Spray with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake at 350 for about an hour. Shake pan every 15 minutes to prevent burning. They are so good and crunchy!

That DOES sound good. Got the numbers?