Fast-5

Options
A bunch of my family members are doing the "fast-5" diet. You only eat 5 hours out of the day and they do not count calories. Would this work for me where I have been eating only 1200 calories a day? Has anyone tried it? I kindof want to try it. Thanks :)

Replies

• mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    I wouldnt be able to do that. I eat all day long, helps me keep my energry level up. I would imagine that way you would crash at different parts of your day. Figuring after the 5 hours you would get that "damn Im full I need a nap feeling" But if you do happen to try it out please post how it worked for you. Im curious to know. Im skeptical but curious.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    never heard of it, but i would think eating smaller amounts every 3-4 hours is going to be better for you. less glucose spikes and for myself I get moody and headaches if don't eat for long stretches. just my 2 cents
  • kasifrass
    kasifrass Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lost 4.2 lbs in my first week on Fast-5. I really enjoy the 19 hours fasting/5 hour eating window schedule! It gives me a guaranteed daily sense of accomplishment and I've saved $50 not buying lunch every day. When I get home at 5 o'clock I have a little snack (usually Greek yogurt with granola or some other high-protein treat) and then hit the gym for a run and weightlifting. Afterward I have whatever I want for dinner (but usually a large salad with all the fixings or other whole food meal). If I feel hungry toward the end of my eating window I have another snack. I eat until I'm satisfied; I don't count calories, but I do watch my sugar and sodium and stay away from processed foods.

The science behind it is that, without calories from food to burn, your body will live off of it's fat stores.

If you want more information about Fast-5, check out the website http://www.fast-5.com and download the e-book for free! They also have a Facebook group where you can ask more questions.

Try it for a month and see where it takes you!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Doing Fast-5 since 5/21. Lost 15, Feel fantastic. It is so easy, for me at least.