Nearly down to target weight: how do I maintain?

Options
I am nearly down to my target weight :) This last month I've been exercising nearly every day and really watching my calories, eating more vegetables, etc. Fortunately, I don't have a lot of weight to lose: less than 10 pounds total. So my question is, how do I maintain my target weight and not continue to lose weight? Does it mean I should exercise less or eat more calories? I'm not sure how to proceed from here...

Replies

• KelliW_runner
    KelliW_runner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It all depends upon the lifestyle you want to lead! If you enjoy that level of exercise, continue with it and eat more. If you'd rather scale back exercise, eat less! Keep in mind that calorie burns for exercise at your goal weight may very well be less as your body gets used to the exercise and more efficient at doing it.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Once you hit your goal weight and if you would like to maintain you can change your profile to maintain. If you do this you can also adjust how much exercise you do and it will give you what you should be eating. The above poster has a good point if you don't want to stay on the site you can just go by the way she suggests- eat less if you don't exercise, eat the same if you exercise the same. It is a lifestyle change and I congratulate you on your progress :)
  • coolclimates
    Options
    thanks for your tips. I assumed that there is some way to change my profile to "maintain" the weight once I'm there. I'm just not sure how to go about doing it.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    To change it to maintain:

My Home, Goals, Change Goals (near the bottom center, green button), Select one of the two options (I go with what they suggest but that's just me), then there will be a drop down menu to select weight loss, gain, or maintain; make your selection then accept changes.

Hope it helps :)
  • coolclimates
    Options
    thank you so much!