Nutritionists

Options
Just wondering if any of you have a nutritionist and how successful has this resource been for you? My families' insurance covers visits and I've been wanting to go... Have you had bad experiences? Have you used outside services similar to a nutritionist that's working for you?

Replies

• jenelizmin
    jenelizmin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I went one time but really wasn't happy with the way it went. It was through the military and you had to take a class before you could have a one on one. The message was pretty much "fat=bad, carbs=bad, calories=bad....you basically pick your poison and try not to eat too much." I left soooo frustrated. Our jobs depend on us maintaining a healthy weight and physical fitness and this is the best you can do? I would like to go to someone who actually knew something though.
  • PosyPods
    PosyPods Posts: 25
    Options
    I tried going to a nutritionist and it was a bit disappointing. I'm sure there are good nutritionists out there and that they have helped plenty of people, but frankly, she didn't tell me a single thing I didn't already know. If it's free though, it probably won't hurt to see what they have to tell you.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're seeing a Registered Dietitian (RD). Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist, but RD's are certified.
  • esballet
    esballet Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If my insurance covered it, I would absolutely try it! Why not??