"Bro-science" is killing me!

Options
2»

Replies

• wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that it has now been scientifically proven that it is impossible for anyone to lose weight ever. This is pretty much just a social forum now. :D
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Meh, you gotta take the good with the bad here as well as anywhere. If you don't want advice I suppose you don't have to ask for it?

Yep, you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have, the facts of life. The facts of life.
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    when people go high protein they tend to forget to take a fiber supplement and end up constipated lol lol lol they have to learn the hard way
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the internet.
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that it has now been scientifically proven that it is impossible for anyone to lose weight ever. This is pretty much just a social forum now. :D
    :laugh:
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    You show me a fitness study, I'll show you a contradicting one. For your body, its trial and error. Once you find what works for your body, stick with it until it stops working. What works for me, may not work for you, but there's only one way to find out. "Bro-Science" is still based off of something and if it legitimately worked for someone, it might work for you.
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I don't know man. I mean if you can't trust anonymous strangers on the internet, who can you trust?

Hang on here! Are you saying....? Do you mean.... ? Can it be.....? IZ PPL on der INTERWEBS lyin' to me?!?
    Am going for a lie down and a cry.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I just got this from a girl at the gym 20 mintues ago and I just about snapped!! I won't get into the actual discussion, but bascially I told her what I was doing at the moment, something that I have researched thoroughly and decided to use for myself. She flat out told me "well you will not lose weight doing that" blah blah blah.... I really saw red! I really distrust people who talk in aboslutes about something they've never even looked into, because some bro-science article in cleo told them so... arggghhhhhhhh
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    None of you are real anyways.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hang on here! Are you saying....? Do you mean.... ? Can it be.....? IZ PPL on der INTERWEBS lyin' to me?!?
    Am going for a lie down and a cry.

Dont' listen to the meanie. If it's on Teh Interwebs, it must be TRUE!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options

LOLOL best post so far!
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    you sound just like my husband. He calls anyone I speak to online an "imaginary friend" :laugh:
  • reach53
    reach53 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    you sound just like my husband. He calls anyone I speak to online an "imaginary friend" :laugh:

:laugh:

My best friend met her husband on the internet, I think I need to tell her he is imaginary :glasses:
  • erv78
    erv78 Posts: 7
    Options
    You show me a fitness study, I'll show you a contradicting one. For your body, its trial and error. Once you find what works for your body, stick with it until it stops working. What works for me, may not work for you, but there's only one way to find out. "Bro-Science" is still based off of something and if it legitimately worked for someone, it might work for you.

So true, I couldn't have said it better!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    but does anyone else get 'turned off' by all of the 'bro-science'?

Yes indeed.

I had never heard of "eating back your exercise" or "eating your BMR" until venturing into these forums. Although a lot of folks are using this site for dieting the forums are coming over as too meathead / bro science for me. The tools for tracking food etc are quite handy, the forum less so.

There are some positively weird behaviours exhibited too, would make an interesting study. Try discussing a diet of 1000 calories a day that meats all your macro and micro nutrient requirements and you'll see what I mean.