Am I measuring wrong??

Options
I take measurements and I weigh myself. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to lose tons of inches, but when you have about 60+ pounds to lose, you still want that scale to move!

Anyway, the scale hasn't moved except for about a pound up and down, up and down. My measurements are exactly the same. Here's the kicker: I have had about 4-5 people now volunteer that they can tell I'm losing and ask me how much I've lost. I haven't lost anything! I'm not upset that they're saying that, these are people that aren't just being nice, they wouldn't just volunteer that....I just don't get it. I thought maybe I'm measuring wrong, but I've measured myself so many times and it's always the same.

I'm just confused. Happy that people are noticing my hard work, but confused as to where they're seeing it. I've been doing a lot of Zumba, walking and now just started running (literally just this week).

Do you think I just measured really wrong the first time I took measurements and I really did lose inches?

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    If you are measuring the same spots, there is no way to measure "wrong".

Working out will tone you up a bit, make your skin better, give you more energy and even help you have better posture........so you can look "better" and people may interpret "better" as "thinner".
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If your measuring in the same places everytime, at the same time.. It does make a difference.
    I always measure myself before I eat anything. (;

You probably are losing in places that your not aware of such as face,wrists, forearm, back, arm pit bulge maybe.
    It's the little things that add up. & we see ourselves everyday, were less likely to see the changes in ourselves anyway!
    Just keep the faith.. Nothing else will get ou where you want to be. Keep doing what your doing
  • bailamulata
    Options
    If those people you are talking about commented on your lost weight and they are not the kind of people that would just say that... then I really think your body is toning up girl :smile: for example... before I had gained back the 7lbs I'm struggling with at this point... I had noticed my scale hadn't moved but when I measured around my hip area I noticed there was about a half an inch lost... then I measure a little lower and there I noticed I had gained a quarter of an inch... but after measuring myself over... frantically :noway: ... you can imagine.. I was freaking out... I noticed my pants were fitting different... so what happened is that my droopy butt actually lifted a little and that is what gave me that quarter of an inch more. I can't wait to lose those extra 7lbs and more so that I can start to see some lifting and toning in my much needed areas. I do those bent leg kickbacks on the weight machine where you push back with your foot... I was doing about 70lbs on that machine... so it was definitely helping. I wish you the best.. just remember.. if the scale doesn't move but the tape measuring shows less inches... then you are toning and some muscle is on its way out... so excited for you...