Anyone 5'4" Female 170lbs-190lbs?

Options
Verity1111
Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
I was wondering what your base calories that you eat are and if you eat back your exercise calories, anyone near 5'4" between about 170-190. Are you losing weight so far? I started 181 almost 3 weeks ago, but I just truly started a diet after Easter and my scale read 177 today before I ate dinner..hm lol We'll see in a couple of days how that works out! Currently my calories are set a little over 1600 and I try to stay under that and exercise a few hundred calories off per day.

Replies

• curds
    curds Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm around that height and recently I've been eating 1350-1500 my base is 1350, but since I exercise 6 times a week I will sometimes eat a lil over 1350.

The scale has been pretty constant the last few days, but I know on Sunday it was fluctuating like mad! Which is why I like weighing myself daily so that I know the scale isn't saying I lost 5 Kgs overnight!

Oh I've also been working out for 3 weeks
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Hey, I'm around that height and recently I've been eating 1350-1600 my base is 1350, but since I exercise 6 times a week I will sometimes eat a lil over 1350.

The scale has been pretty constant the last few days, but I know on Sunday it was fluctuating like mad! Which is why I like weighing myself daily so that I know the scale isn't saying I lost 5 Kgs overnight!

Oh I've also been working out for 3 weeks
    Yes me too! Okay so my scale said 181 and BAM I woke up and it was 177.6/177.8 ALL DAY I weighed over and over..so It must have been water I guess?! crazy! lol if I really am 177 halleluha I havent been in the 170s in a couple of years..since before our kids. hm maybe I should lower my calories?! how much have you lost so far?
  • curds
    Options
    I've lost 4 kgs, I think that 's 9 pounds?

My scale did the same to me on Sunday, every time I got on it gave me a different weight and not by grams but KGs, but I only change my weight on MFP when I see its a consistent nr.

I think some people here will warn you about eating too lil, I'm not sure I believe in starvation mode I certainly don't believe it can happen within a day or even weeks, but I try to eat healthy and that usually means less calories.

I'm happy with my calorie base I don't think I'm starving and when I do exercise I will just snack on something after usually fruit/vegetables.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I've been a member here for a long time... even changed my SN lmao... Anyway got re-serious yesterday.

I am 5'3" and 196 pounds as of this morning :/

I am trying to stay around 1200-1400
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I've lost 4 kgs, I think that 's 9 pounds?

My scale did the same to me on Sunday, every time I got on it gave me a different weight and not by grams but KGs, but I only change my weight on MFP when I see its a consistent nr.

I think some people here will warn you about eating too lil, I'm not sure I believe in starvation mode I certainly don't believe it can happen within a day or even weeks, but I try to eat healthy and that usually means less calories.

I'm happy with my calorie base I don't think I'm starving and when I do exercise I will just snack on something after usually fruit/vegetables.
    Oh okay! Yea I was worried and yes starvation mode happens to some people because it did with my friend and she had to eat more and then lost more finally. I don't think you're starving either! lol. I sometimes eat less :] One day I ate under 1000calories, but not necessarily on purpose. Thank you for the info! I was just wondering if I can lose on the calories I'm on and it sounds like it if you lost 3lbs per week and it isnt a big difference between our diets. How much do you work off each day/week?
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I've been a member here for a long time... even changed my SN lmao... Anyway got re-serious yesterday.

I feel like a fatty on my 1600 calories now! LOL I was on 1700 last time, but I worked out at the gym hard core for about 2 to 4hrs and burned off like 700-1200 calories per day. I will again, but I am only 4weeks post partum, so for now I just walk or work out a little if I don't walk sometimes. So when did you lose the 4lbs on your ticker? In one day or is that old? haha If its one day hot diggity dog lol but I doubt it welcome back though let me know if the 1200-1400 works for you!
  • OSUgal03
    OSUgal03 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I started at 184 back in January. I am currently 157, my calories are set at 1430. When I first started they were about 1550. This is set to loose one pound a week. I don't think I could go much lower then the 1400, I still like to have a snack on most days.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I started at 184 back in January. I am currently 157, my calories are set at 1430. When I first started they were about 1550. This is set to loose one pound a week. I don't think I could go much lower then the 1400, I still like to have a snack on most days.
    So weird! I wonder why MFP sets me a little over 1600 to lose 1lb per week?! Our age difference? I'm 22. So did you lose 1lb per week or less/more? Looks like more? I want to get to 157 by July 19 lol Irony.
  • curds
    Options
    I exercise 6 times a week, I'm using the power 90 program its the predecessor to the p90x, to be fair I started eating less 4 days before I joined mfp and started my exercise program. So 3 weeks in changing my eating habits and 17 days exercising.

If you not familiar with the p90 (I definitely recommend it) you alternate between 30 mins of strength training and 40 mins of cardio (sweat).

I lost cms around my hips and fingers lol for some strange reason.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I exercise 6 times a week, I'm using the power 90 program its the predecessor to the p90x, to be fair I started eating less 4 days before I joined mfp and started my exercise program. So 3 weeks in changing my eating habits and 17 days exercising.

If you not familiar with the p90 (I definitely recommend it) you alternate between 30 mins of strength training and 40 mins of cardio (sweat).

I lost cms around my hips and fingers lol for some strange reason.
    I definitely plan to use P90X, but after I complete Jillian Michael's 30 day shred! I just have to wait a little less than two weeks :/ I just had a baby so I can't exercise too much at the moment. Sounds like you're working out a lot! You probably gained muscle too or you would have lost more.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options

I feel like a fatty on my 1600 calories now! LOL I was on 1700 last time, but I worked out at the gym hard core for about 2 to 4hrs and burned off like 700-1200 calories per day. I will again, but I am only 4weeks post partum, so for now I just walk or work out a little if I don't walk sometimes. So when did you lose the 4lbs on your ticker? In one day or is that old? haha If its one day hot diggity dog lol but I doubt it welcome back though let me know if the 1200-1400 works for you!

I lost the 4 pounds since the beginning of the year when I restarted my restart LMAO. It was 5 but my last wagon fall off only landed me a 1 pound gain so I am happy with that so now its 4.

I know 1400 actually works for me... I want about 1200 just for that kick start and to make up for any days I go over 1400. I am not beating myself up if I don't do 1200. :)
  • curds
    Options
    Verity, that seems a lot to me considering MFP set me at 1600 when I wanted to lose 0.5 pound but eek I could never come close to that goal I have to snack just to get my calories up to 1350.
  • curds
    Options
    LOL I'm the first to show my "muscle" to my BF hehe it's really nothing, but I'm so proud that it makes a lil line to show I'm doing something as oppose to the blob it use to that I flex it every chance I get.

Congratulations on the newborn :) I plan on doing the 30 day after P90 and then P90x, but really good on you for even doing a lil exercise but if you breastfeeding shouldn't you be eating more?
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and was 184 when I started MFP (about 30 lbs ago). My calories were 1350 for lightly active. I pretty much lost a pound a week on average. Now I'm set to 1500 and set to a half pound per week, but I am still losing almost a pound a week (3 lbs a month instead of 4). I eat back all my exercise calories, and I can't get over how easy this has been.
  • shaelanglois
    Options
    I am also 5'4. On January 1st, I weighed 193. I controlled my calories and worked out 3 times a week thru January and Febuary and got down to 173. Thru march and now into april, I have still been working out, but not tracking food and I have not budged from 173. So I started tracking my food again this week, hopefully that will get me kickstarted again. I am currently hitting about 1200 calories a day. Most of the time I am good on calories, but way over in either fat or carbs. I can't seem to get everything under control at once. LOL
  • curds
    Options
    I am also 5'4. On January 1st, I weighed 193. I controlled my calories and worked out 3 times a week thru January and Febuary and got down to 173. Thru march and now into april, I have still been working out, but not tracking food and I have not budged from 173. So I started tracking my food again this week, hopefully that will get me kickstarted again. I am currently hitting about 1200 calories a day. Most of the time I am good on calories, but way over in either fat or carbs. I can't seem to get everything under control at once. LOL

LOL if you figure out how to get everything under control all at once let me know, when I check the details of my day my vitamin C and A is usually like 150 +% with calcium and the rest at the higher percentage but the rest why do they have to give us such a big goal to meet eek
  • laze11
    laze11 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi I am new to all of this but I am 5' 5" and fall in this weight. I have been given 1200 calories to start with as I cannot exercice hard core as I have a neck problem and suffer with my back and knees. I am struggling with this small amount of food but I will do this. Can any one help me with some recipes?
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Verity, that seems a lot to me considering MFP set me at 1600 when I wanted to lose 0.5 pound but eek I could never come close to that goal I have to snack just to get my calories up to 1350.
    lol wow It is difficult for me to stay under 1600. I literally feel like I'm starving. Lmso.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    LOL I'm the first to show my "muscle" to my BF hehe it's really nothing, but I'm so proud that it makes a lil line to show I'm doing something as oppose to the blob it use to that I flex it every chance I get.

Congratulations on the newborn :) I plan on doing the 30 day after P90 and then P90x, but really good on you for even doing a lil exercise but if you breastfeeding shouldn't you be eating more?
    I'm not sure how much I should eat. I breastfeed, but not exclusively so it is difficult to tell. We'll see I guess lol if I have any issues I'll up my intake like I did once in the past.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I am 5'5" and was 184 when I started MFP (about 30 lbs ago). My calories were 1350 for lightly active. I pretty much lost a pound a week on average. Now I'm set to 1500 and set to a half pound per week, but I am still losing almost a pound a week (3 lbs a month instead of 4). I eat back all my exercise calories, and I can't get over how easy this has been.
    I don't understand why MFP set me over 1600?! So confusing :/