Couch to 5k, tell me about it...

Options
Hello!
Wanted to start running and have heard of this Couch to 5k. How was all your experiences?

ugg didn't post this into right forum.... lol guess its time for xpost

Replies

• wendydrake21
    Options
    I am on week for on it!! It is starting to make a difference in my eurance level. I started out running about 5 min max before wanting to die, now i can run a mile without wanting to puke!! My goal is 3 miles 3x a week by July!!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    There's a group for that, with lots of great snazzy info and user experiences!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    It's a good way to trick your brain into thinking you are a runner.
    I've done quite well with it.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I am in week 5. I am very impressed with the progress I've made. The very first day of week 1 was the most difficult for me. Week 5 had lots of challenges for me, so I am repeating it. Prior to starting the program, I hadn't really "ran" at all since high school-- which was 10+ years ago.
  • Katemarie34
    Katemarie34 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love it!! :) if you're a beginner, this is perfect- even if you're not, it's awesome.... You can get free apps on your phone as well.
  • cazwillis99
    cazwillis99 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    started it last year but had to stop because I injured my ankle. Restarted at week 1 on Saturday - have done three days this week and am loving it. Its a great way to start running because it breaks you in gently. Before doing this I would never run for anything (not even a bus) and now I will run in addition to doing the c25k app. Start slowly, if you find it hard just keep repeating a day until it becomes easier and then move on. I think it is supposed to get you to 5k in about 9 weeks but if you are not wanting to run competitively then it doesn't really matter how long it takes you to get to the 5k in one go. Give it a go and good luck :-)