Can you help?

onfleur
onfleur Posts: 159 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Sometimes it is so hard to meet my water intake goals, why is that do you think? There are days that I have absolutely NO problems with it at all. Then there are days like these past three that getting one 16 ounce bottle of water down me a day is like pulling teeth. I am not a soda drinker per say and do add a lemon or lime wedge sometimes to my water. What suggestions do you have that might help motivate and help me meet my goal of keeping myself hydrated? What do you do?

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Routine. If I don't do it in the same order in the same way every day, then I don't get it done. For example, on gym days, I start out drinking before I go to the gym, knowing that I'm going to get dehydrated while working out -and I have no problems drinking all my water. On non gym days or when i go to the gym in the afternoon/evening, I forget to start drinking my water first thing and then I never get it all done. Which reminds me... I need to go drink my water.
  • lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    I had the same trouble. There were days when I could only get down 1/2 of a 16 oz bottle. It was terrible. What helped me was to drink the water at room temperature. I also make sure that I start with my first bottle right after breakfast and drink little bits until it is gone but before my morning snack. I then have another bottle before lunch, one after lunch and then the last one after my afternoon snack. If I try and chug the water too fast it really makes my stomach upset. But when I take small drinks throughout a couple of hours it works just fine. If I exercise I will drink an additional bottle during/after my workout. It has now become a habit for me and it isn't so hard. One benefit to drinking all my water is that I feel less hungry throughout the day.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    ALWAYS, ALWAYS have a glass or bottle of water near you, you will be surprised how much you can drink when it is on hand, drink when i am on MFP, as long as the water bottle is near me :flowerforyou:
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    If I eat a lot of fruit or veggies like cucumber, I'm too full sometimes to drink too.
    I started to drink during the night too, when I wake up (I have 3 kids, trust me, I'm up a lot...:laugh: ) I also have 16 oz bottles in my car, it seems to help remembering to drink during the day.
    At night I make myself a huge cup of chamomile tea, it helps with the urge of snacking too...:drinker:
  • YourCatalyst429
    YourCatalyst429 Posts: 96 Member
    I've found that the larger the bottle the more I drink. I use a litter size bottle and make sure to take a few big gulps every time not a few sips
  • Hey, sometimes adding a little boost to your water makes it more manageable, i really like the nestea single crystals for your water, their like crystal light but splenda instead of apartame!!! On days when water seems to gag me :laugh: i add those :drinker: hope it helps :)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I made a deal with myself when I first started. I could not eat without having 8 oz of water. I was only allowed to have my beloved iced tea, if I had a glass of water. Coffee? not until I drank a glass of water.

Now, I drink it all day long and it is a part of who I am!!

:drinker: Jeannie
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    ALWAYS, ALWAYS have a glass or bottle of water near you, you will be surprised how much you can drink when it is on hand, drink when i am on MFP, as long as the water bottle is near me :flowerforyou:

I do this too, No matter where I am in my house I always have some water near by to drink. It really helps.
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Thanx so much for your words of wisdom, I am glad to know that this happens to more than just me. Its a new day and I am going to make it my goal to drink, drink, drink and then drink some more. Happy Saturday!
This discussion has been closed.