Please can I have help getting to maintenance?

Options
I have been eating healthier and losing weight for some time, and set my final goal when I joined MFP at the start of Feb to lose the last 11lbs. I reached that target today and am now 107 lbs, I think I would maybe like to lose just 2 more lbs at most.

I'm still not 100% happy with my lower body, but I hope that my strength training will eventually help rectify that. I'm more keen on carrying on reducing my body fat percentage, so should I keep on at weight loss level on MFP or switch to maintenance? How do I get to maintenance? Do I just switch? Or should I space it out? And if so by how much?

MFP has me at only 1200 calories based on losing just 0.5lb a week (my BMR is only 1146), but I do eat back most of my exercise cals on top of that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I have been eating healthier and losing weight for some time, and set my final goal when I joined MFP at the start of Feb to lose the last 11lbs. I reached that target today and am now 107 lbs, I think I would maybe like to lose just 2 more lbs at most.

I'm still not 100% happy with my lower body, but I hope that my strength training will eventually help rectify that. I'm more keen on carrying on reducing my body fat percentage, so should I keep on at weight loss level on MFP or switch to maintenance? How do I get to maintenance? Do I just switch? Or should I space it out? And if so by how much?

MFP has me at only 1200 calories based on losing just 0.5lb a week (my BMR is only 1146), but I do eat back most of my exercise cals on top of that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :flowerforyou:

What does MFP give you if you chose Maintain?
  • jumptothebeat
    jumptothebeat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    hmmm hadn't looked at that - but just done that and it says maintenance for me is - 1420
  • rjbrowne
    rjbrowne Posts: 28
    Options
    Maintenance for me is 1640 or so. I've been in maintenance for around 6 months. I've kept my exercise about the same, eat at maintenance, but don't eat my exercise cals back most of the time. I've maintained the same weight, but all of my capris that fit 6 months ago fall off of me now. I feel like the exercise has just kept shaping my body, without losing any more weight. I have no idea if that's a formula, but that's what has happened with me! :) I found it took a little while to find the right balance of calories and exercise that was the right balance so I didn't start gaining. Just play around with it a little.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    hmmm hadn't looked at that - but just done that and it says maintenance for me is - 1420

So if you are currently at 1200, you could go up to 1300 net for a week, then 1400 net, and see how it goes.