Clothing NSV

Options
JoolieW68
JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
Wearing a dress today that I haven't been able to wear in 12 years (yep, I kept it, since its something I can wear to work). It's the one I actually interviewed in for my current job. Black, just above the knee, and fitted, with gold buttons up the front.

And it's actually a little loose! Yay me!

Replies

• loyemarie
    loyemarie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I think those NSVs are just a little better :smile:
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Woo-Hoo, great job! :smile:

I save my clothes too, (the ones that are just too nice to get rid of but you're sure you'll be back in them someday.)
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    That's awesome! I have a few items of clothing that I haven't fit into for so long, but refuse to get rid of. I'm hoping to be fitting in them soon. : )
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    awesome!! keep up the great work...:drinker:

just last night i was visiting my mom. she had me try on a pair of her pants -size 14- i haven't seen that size in oh idk 10yrs...anyway they went up, zipped, and fit!!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! I have a suit that I wore in 1997. Maybe another 10 pounds and I'll fit in it again too, so I completely understand this awesome NSV!
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    just last night i was visiting my mom. she had me try on a pair of her pants -size 14- i haven't seen that size in oh idk 10yrs...anyway they went up, zipped, and fit!!

Congrats on your NSV, too!
  • Angelbinick21
    Angelbinick21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good job. I admire the fact that you kept the dress, knowing someday you would wear it again. I got frustrated at my highest weight and got rid of ALL my clothes - 15 garbage bags! Now I'm sad that as I lose I have nothing to wear.
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    Wow! Good job. I admire the fact that you kept the dress, knowing someday you would wear it again. I got frustrated at my highest weight and got rid of ALL my clothes - 15 garbage bags! Now I'm sad that as I lose I have nothing to wear.

I got rid of almost everything else except this and another work-wearable dress, and 2 dressy dresses that I wore only once each time to Christmas parties. I put one on the other day and it fit and looked GOOD, and I told my husband he needed to take me somewhere that I could wear it :)
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    I am slowly getting rid of all my cloths...Hahahahaha...that didn't sound good, but it sure does feel good! I kept a few things and so we will see if I can get back into them or not but I am excited at the thought of having a new wardrobe for a NEW ME! I am WORTH IT!~
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    Congrats on your little victory today. I think all of us have those clothes hanging around the house just waiting on us. New lesson for today..Our clothes must be very patience..to be able to wait on us like that.
  • Letters24You
    Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • Mathteacher35
    Mathteacher35 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I love fitting into clothes I haven't been able to wear!
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    So exciting. Hard work does pay off!
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! That's great:) I haven't been the size,I am now since high school (17 years ago). But I do enjoy going to the store and being able to buy the cute stuff. Looking forward to the day I don't have to look in the plus size section.
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    AWESOME NSV! Way to go and even better that it's loose!!!
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    what is NSV?
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    what is NSV?

Non Scale Victory. Anything that makes you feel good about your weight loss that doesn't come from the number on the scale. Be it smaller clothes, a compliment from someone, etc.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!