Man O Man did I blow it!

Options
Took my son to the movies today and ate theatre popcorn...with butter! Oh was it good. I don't feel bad. That is a treat maybe once every six months or so...no big deal. Don't think I will ever give up movie theatre popcorn! Yummmyyyy! It's all good. Lifestyle change doesn't mean every minute of every day for our entire lives we have to be perfect right?

Tomorrow...back to the good for you foods and work out twice as hard!

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Good attitude! I hate when people beat themselves up, its unrealistic to NEVER eat the things that you like! :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You know if I told myself I could never eat something again...EVER...I would not be able to stick to any healthy eating plan. It is life, popcorn happens! lol
  • ledward
    ledward Posts: 15
    Options
    Oh, man, I LOVE movie theater popcorn just dripping with butter. Hope you enjoyed it!!:wink:

189891.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Oh I totally enjoyed it! To be honest though....I feel a little nauscious! lol :tongue: LOVE IT! lol
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    its good to induldge cravings that way you dont eat everything around it as a ways out now its out of your system
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    hey I ate a ton of Ice Cream, had ta have it........one of those days. Oh well...gonna have to work out tough tomorrow.........:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    That's what's the greatest thing of all about MFP! We CAN have stuff that we LOVE! We're NOT deprived of ANYTHING! We just need to be aware of our numbers MOST of the time, "splurge" every once in awhile, and then get right back on track. :smile:
  • Cherrystargirl
    Options
    Lol! This made me smile so much! Good on you for enjoying it, not feeling guilty and knowing you'll be back on track tomorrow, now THAT'S the way to diet successfully! :happy:
  • devines
    devines Posts: 5
    Options
    Congrats on your success thus far. Does it feel a little less guilty when you "blow it" when you have already lost 31 pounds than when you are just getting started? I just returned from a short vacation and did pretty well with my eathing but had a few set backs, when I got home, BAM...three of the 8 pounds I had lost were back and I just feel like a complete goober! I'm back on track today but how frustrating!!!
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Don't feel like a goober! It was vacation! So what you gained 3 lbs! 3lbs can go away again...it isn't saying anything about your determination. Vacation happens how often? If I went on a nice vacation, I would keep the eating in mind but all be darned if I wouldn't enjoy food that I may not get for another year or maybe even ever again!

Good for you for enjoying yourself! Now it is back to real life and all that comes with it!

Thanks all....it's so awsome to have a great a place like this! I really enjoy you!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You should have treats! You did not blow it!
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you...holding the butter machine button down for you! That is my all time favorite treat. Thank goodness we don't go to the movies but maybe once or twice a year!!!:noway: :tongue:
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    O.k. so I still don't regret eating the popcorn on a personal/diet/lifestyle basis. But the after effects...well those have made me think that a smaller bag would be better next time!

So much sodium....I am holding on to every sip of liquid I drink.
    The digestive track is angy with me!
    Three days of heatburn!

All in all, not very comfortable results! So we will keep it to a small bag next time, which should not be hard to do after feeling like crud the last few days!

So when you go to the theater and have some popcorn....remember this post! lol