Hi, need some support to gain weight.

Options
13»

Replies

• KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You two better add each other as friends because I would love to see the debates you could get into!!
    Welcome to the site Abi.
    You will find a majority of people are here trying to lose weight (or maybe we're just the loudest group?). Then you'll notice the 'lifers", those are the people who are near or at their ideal weights and are still here. Still trying to get better. Trying to run faster, eat cleaner, lift heavier etc. The people who aren't giving up on getting healthy just because they got skinny.
    Look for those people to add as friends as well as some new people too.
    Look for weight gainers and losers.
    The bigger the spread of people you have the better support you'll both receive and be able to give.
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    hmmm......i accept your apology :)

I am soooooo Sorry! Thank you!

Sam :)
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    Abi, et., all,

OK, Let me start by saying, Abi, I AM SO SORRY! This origianlly started as a joke. Then I started getting slammed for being insensitive! OK, I was Totally insensitive! then I went on to spew my own personal issues in repsonse to the additional comments that followed. Imature on my part! 100% idiot! 100% As#h$le!

It was and is terrible what when on here and again, I APOLOGIZE! I can't take anything back although I wish I could. You may beleive me or not. If not, those are the consequences I must suffer the consequences for my actions.

Your's truly,

Sam :(

Mia Culpa!

It takes a big man to apologise - and publicly too. Thank you for restoring a little of my faith in people's good nature. :happy:

***THIS IS A JOKE!!! WARNING! A JOKE IS COMING!!!****

So, you are gonna start with the Fat Jokes now? LOL
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Abi, et., all,

OK, Let me start by saying, Abi, I AM SO SORRY! This origianlly started as a joke. Then I started getting slammed for being insensitive! OK, I was Totally insensitive! then I went on to spew my own personal issues in repsonse to the additional comments that followed. Imature on my part! 100% idiot! 100% As#h$le!

It was and is terrible what when on here and again, I APOLOGIZE! I can't take anything back although I wish I could. You may beleive me or not. If not, those are the consequences I must suffer the consequences for my actions.

Your's truly,

Mia Culpa!

It takes a big man to apologise - and publicly too. Thank you for restoring a little of my faith in people's good nature. :happy:

:laugh: awesome, that is the biggest laugh I've had all day.
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    sam

took a lot of guts for you to come on this post and apologise, you have gone way up in my estimation and you appear to be a good man, all the best on your weight loss. :smile:
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Count me in for the weight gain or should I say muscle growth.

Either way if you want to lose fat or gain muscle you have to work out to make it sustainable and know what you are eating.

lose weight = calorie defeceit
    gain weight = calorie surplus

Keep in mind that it is easy to eat a lot of calories, the tricky part is to eat continue to eat 'clean' non processed food. Timing of your meals is also important, forgot about taco bell and 4th meal advertisements. Make you eat to fuel your workouts and your recovery.

Weight is just a number on scale, not what determines if you are fit.
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    LOL I could start with the 'fat' jokes ... heard most of 'em ... but hey you know the saying about 'people in glass houses!!!':bigsmile: :laugh: lets just say i meant a big :heart: man .... really.

oops forgot to add the quote!!
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Abi, et., all,

Your's truly,

Mia Culpa!

LOL I could start with the 'fat' jokes ... heard most of 'em ... but hey you know the saying about 'people in glass houses!!!':bigsmile: :laugh: lets just say i meant a big :heart: man .... really.
  • AFitJamie
    AFitJamie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Abi, et., all,

Your's truly,

Mia Culpa!

:laugh: awesome, that is the biggest laugh I've had all day.

^^^^ This

And Sam, I've been browsing around here for a while now and I'd say that you should make sure you keep posting and stick around - You'll notice that a number of intended sarcastic jokes are inevitably hard to determine and many people take them the wrong way... but you've been up front and strong enough to apologize - and in the process, I expect gained the respect of a few.
    I know it may be easy to shrug it off and not bother participating in this community... put a mistake behind you... I know I often prefer to do that if I can.... but in my view, I think you'd lose out. People are here for all sorts of reasons, yes, many to lose weight, some to gain and others to learn about getting healthy and we can all support each other.

I think this whole discussion raises an interesting point:
    Sometime I see groups where it is essentially "like minded" people discussing their shared goals (you see the '8Ft tall Amazon Men Trying to Lose' type threads) (That was a joke) and that can be great - I understand people not feeling alone in their pursuits for sure; however, what I think most of the people on this site share is the need to learn how to be intentional and disciplined about their actions and lifestyle and learn smart actions from less smart ones. We can all support each other even if we have very different goals - we can relate on the challenge of being disciplined and intentional and pursuing an improvement in our health.

I just reached my weight goal this week... I lost 16 pounds - I know, not a long way to go. The challenge for me will be doing neither - adding or losing - and becoming healthier. And I know that things people who are losing learn and share will help me - and things people who are trying to gain - or add muscle mass, or... (fill in the blank).. Learning that my physical build and energy level is a function of how I live - and then figuring out what I need to actually be doing is a long journey I still have to take and I'm hoping we can all take it together. It is more fun with a community.

To the OP - Good luck with your goals! I know there are a number of excellent, friendly, and knowledgeable people on here that can help - and you can get where you want to. And, in the process, I think you will be learning what I think all of us on here are working on - knowledge, discipline and details to help us with intentional living.
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :blushing:
  • xPOOKiEx
    xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Really? Gain weight? So you decide to come to a Fat Peoples site to get insight? Really?

OK, Eat a lot of Pizza, Ice Cream and French fries! Don't exercise at all! You'll have no problems!!!!

Definitely DON'T do that. Who wants to be skinny fat and eat all processed CRAP? Start strength training to gain muscle and eat more protein. Under my goals, you can chose lose weight OR add weight. You can get a lot of advice in the message boards. Also look at the book, New Rules of Weightlifing for Women. I am not expert on gaining muscle, so definitely search the boards.

Definitely don't listen to that guy. He's ignorant. Just because she needs to gain and not lose, does not mean she can't be here. Last time I checked this was called my FITNESS pal...not my FAT *kitten* NEEDS TO LOSE WEIGHT pal. Lol. She's just as welcome as anyone else.

I agree that you need to do weight training and run to gain muscle mass. See a doctor also besides all of the great advice above haha. It's important that you gain GOOD weight :) I remember when I gained weight again after I was 90 pounds and my trainer said I was skinny fat...which was horrible. I'm here to eat healthy and be healthy skinny/fit! :) Good luck girl!
  • anaussie
    anaussie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i'm sensible, and i know that is not the way to go. i eat homemade food most of the time and am trying to get back into drinking water more :)

You're sensible or else why would you join a caring-supportive group of health conscious people..well give or take a self-indulging fat person or two. For starters..please consider making use of food diary to help you keep track of eating habits and nutritional needs..

..welcome!
  • NamiObsidian
    Options
    Hello, Abi,

I have the direct opposite problem than you have, but I would be glad to be of any help that I can be. :smile:
  • anaussie
    anaussie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :blushing:

:laugh: you n your Pizza gulping Ice Cream dripping French fries laden big mouth :laugh:
  • BrittyBaby105
    Options
    Hey! I just joined this site too. My friend did this Beach Body thing, lost weight and looks amazing!! So I wanted to do the same thing but to gain weight (the right kind). I started working out back in February and have gained 5 pounds already. I admit I'm a little self conscious about it because a higher number has always been perceived as such a bad thing but in reality it really depends on what kind of weight it is. I saw this picture of a woman on Pinterest that showed her body at I think 127 pounds and 136 (something like that) and I would prefer the 136 body because her butt looked lifted and her body seemed really tight.

I once worked with a woman who told me I was "disgusting" because I was skinny but it's just how my body has always been. And I was never able to donate blood in high school/college either because I didn't weigh enough. I'm close to being able to donate which is great since I'm O-

So yeah, just a little about me! Good luck!