What's your favorite snack food?

Options
Mine is Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax cereal. I eat it right out of a baggy throughout the day when I need something sweet and crunchy. It's loaded with protien and omegas. I love it!

Replies

• sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Almonds!
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    String cheese, Sweet potato chips or apples with PB2. Its a toss up
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    Depends. Are we talking good or bad? :-)
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Fruit, I can eat whole containers and bowls if left on my desk.
  • String cheese, Sweet potato chips or apples with PB2. Its a toss up

Oh god, HUUUUGE 2nd on the string cheese! My problem is, it has a tendency to be addicting. Its one of those foods thats relatively low in calories and is good for you, but not if you eat all 12 in one day :( I've had to ban string cheese from my fridge in the past, but now that I've started to eat better, I might pick some up :)

I also have been LOVING tea lately. I know its not a "snack" persay, but it keeps me satisfied until my next meal and is so yummy. I've went from having just one type (Irish Breakfast tea, my favorite <3) to having 7 different types within a week! I must drink about 5-6 cups of a tea a day.

Green peppers are another "go to" snack, and for a not-so-healthy but really-not-that-bad snack, I like to take a couple crackers (I eat Ritz; 5 crackers for 80 calories) and eat them with a slice of sharp cheese (usually 1/3 of an ounce which is only about 35-40 calories, and then i cut that piece into 5 pieces bc I don't like a lot of cheese on my cracker). Its a little caloric for its size, but it quells my hunger. If I feel like I want more, I turn it into a meal, like I did yesterday. I ate one of the "Ritz Fresh Stacks" packs of crackers (it contains 15 crackers) and 1 oz of cheese ( I buy my sharp cheese pre-sliced, so its 3 slices), slice the cheese into 15 pieces and pare this with an apple.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Bananas

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Almonds!

Agreed!
  • jcohio85
    jcohio85 Posts: 43
    Options
    My favorite not so healthy snack food is Pringles 100 calorie packs. I am not a big chip eater, but I have found that they go well with lunches for that little bit extra and make the meal complete for me. Plus its just enough of the saltiness that I crave sometimes.
  • tanyalevan
    tanyalevan Posts: 182
    Options
    Pistachios! or yoghurt =]
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Favorite snack food is banana chips. Not good for me, so I buy a big bag and portion it to about 100 cals, for when a craving hits.
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Special K milk chocolate chewy delight (95cals) Activia Intensly creamy yoghurt (119 Cals) YU Raisin Granola (93 Cals) oh sooooo yummy.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My new addiction is any of the KIND bars. lots of nuts, dried fruits, sometimes even chocolate or peanut butter!