Balance Bracelets

mstaser
mstaser Posts: 657 Member
Does anyone wear one of those bracelets that's supposed to give you more balance? I see them in infomercials and a lot of people wearing them. Just never really asked anyone if they actually do anything. Is it just a gimmick?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Save your money, I suspect any benefit people claim to feel is the placebo effect.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    I wore one playing sports for a while

But I read that the Aussies did a test/trails on them and found no benefit at all.
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    It doesn't actually do anything. But it's the placebo effect...if it makes you THINK it is doing something and then you feel like it is, then it "works"...
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Search youtube. It is a total scam. As a matter of fact, they have been sued and have to now admit the bracelets do nothing.
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    I think that's what I am wearing :laugh:

I only bought it because it was for a good cause the entire amount goes to one of my favorite good causes.

I just googled balance bracelets and noticed that's what it is :ohwell:

If it is for balance it sure does not work.
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    I did some graphics work for one of the major companies making those and got one for free which I took and wore for awhile out of respect. I did not find myself with any more energy. I proudly wear my LIVESTRONG yellow band instead... it has more meaning!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    The only thing they balance is the bank accounts of those that sell them. Their balance keeps going up from people who buy into the scam.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    I thought the companies that make those have been sued for false advertising and it's been proven that they don't work....I could be wrong, but it's unlikely.
  • jrh246
    jrh246 Posts: 7 Member
    I wore one for about 6 months and had no results, but I didn't believe in it. I read a few studies and reports on it and the results so no significant improvements. So I would agree it is placebo effect.
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    I never wore one for an extended amount of time. I tried a friend's on once though. And without me knowing what the bracelet did, he had me do a balancing stance without the bracelet, and then with it. I definitely had more stability with it on. I was really amazed at what it did! But I never bought one because the price was so crazy expensive. Glad I didnt' from the above postings!!!! But I still think it DID definitely have an effect on my balance.