GALLBLADDER SLUDGE

Options
amymt10
amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
I have been having pains in my right side and it radiates around to my back. I was diagnosied w/sludge in my gallbladder 2yrs ago. I had a sono and HIDA scan then, the HIDA scan came back normal so my gallbladder wasnt taken out. It has bothered me on and off for the past 2 yrs. Most recently its been hurting for 2 weeks straight. I saw my dr and he had me repeat the sono, sludge still there. So he sent me to see a surgeon, I saw him yesterday. He wants me to repeat the HIDA scan, I have that scheduled for this coming Fri. Then a follow up the surgeon on Tues. I just dont seem hopeful that he will do anything should the scan come back normal. He said sludge doesnt usually cause pain and we dont like to just jump right into surgery, taking the gallbladder out doesnt always get rid of the pain. Yesterday I had a turkey sandwich (pretty plain- turkey, tomato & very lil light mayo) and that sent me into some serious pain, then I tried walking on the treadmill- I managed 2 miles before the pain got too bad and I had to stop. I couldnt eat dinner last night becuase of the pain. One day last week I had a salad w/a lil bit of fat free italian dressing and that had me doubled over in pain!!! Anyone else have sludge? Was your gallbladder removed? or did you have to "deal" with it??? There have been occasions in the past 2 yrs that I would go months w/o pain and could eat what I wanted but then one day everything I eat good or bad sends me into pain. Just need some advice while I wait for my appts in the next week.