Loosing 50+? Let's Start a Group and Support Each Other!

Options
Here is my story.

I have almost always been overweight. Now I am beyond overweight and well into the morbidly obese category. Many an opportunity has been passed up due to my lack of motivation, physical fitness, and confidence. I recently decided that I am tired of my current job and life and that I want, more than anything, to pursue my ultimate goal of commissioning into the Navy. I have everything I need to commission minus the physical standards. I need to loose at least 80 lbs but it my goal to loose 100 overall. I have to build my strength and endurance and beat the maximum weight allowance before I can even consider walking into a recruiters office. Right now my family laughs at my goal but how can I blame them? Who would take a 5'6 230 lb smoker seriously when they talk about going to OCS? I want to prove everyone wrong. I can do this. We all can! So if you are looking to loose a substantial amount of weight, post on here and let's do this together. Here are the guidelines for keeping everyone involved and motivated:

1. Check in frequently to read each others posts and provide encouragement, advice, and support.
2. Weigh In Wednesday! Each Wednesday we will weigh in with our starting weight, current weight, total lost, and lbs. to go!
3. Never discourage, insult, put-down, etc. your teammates.
4. Be honest. Don't be ashamed if you let yourself slide. Chances are someone else has too! Don't hide it, be honest to yourself and push through it!
5. Post anything at anytime...even if you just need to vent about something unrelated or if you want to share a success, fear, etc.

For your initial post, go ahead a do your weekly weigh in, tell us a little about yourself, and suggest any ideas for a team/group name.

Replies

• auntchelle11
    auntchelle11 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm Kristyn. I'm 22 and I have taken on a challenge to myself to loose around 90 lbs. My goal is to eventually commission into the Navy. I do well with motivation for about a week or two and then give up on myself for any number of infinite reasons.

Beginning Weight: 236 lbs.
    Current Weight: 229 lbs.
    Weight Lost: 7 lbs.
    Lbs. To Go: 83 lbs.