I blew it.

Options
Gained back 21 pounds! So, I went from 213 to 176 from April to mid-June 2011. It is a year later and I am back to 197. Cloths not fitting again and I'm uncomfortable just sitting down or driving. I'm back on it! Since I hate dieting I will do it one more time but this time I will change my habbits. It will stick this time. That's a promise.

Replies

• misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind it's not a diet but a lifestyle change. You will do fine. You've done it once before and you will do it again! Good luck!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    you can get back into it. just make teh commitment again and do it! :)
  • rehtaeh78
    rehtaeh78 Posts: 90
    Options
    It's always so frustrating to have setbacks, but I think it's great that you're looking toward positive things in the future. I know when I lose this weight (again!) it will be a LIFETIME of work to keep on track. One day at a time.
  • tamamommy
    tamamommy Posts: 73
    Options
    We have all been there. Pick yourself up and get with it! You've done it before, you can do it again. I am right there with you. I have success and then over do the congratulatory food gifts to myself. Ridiculous rollercoaster, I know. Healthy feels better than any food tastes. Good luck!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I started this journey a decade ago at 280. I spent a year of misery losing down to 250 by starving myself, and stuck with 250 for a while. Then I upped my exercise and went to 230. Popped up and down around there for a few years, then about three summers ago I started cycling to work (30 mile round trip) and rapidly lost down to under 210. Still over my "ideal" weight, but I was feeling pretty good.

Fast forward three years, and I stepped on the scale and found that 25 pounds had mysteriously taken residence on my person. So I started keeping a crude food diary, then discovered this site and started keeping a more accurate one. The database has really helped me figure out what foods I needed to add and which ones I needed to drop in order to optimize my calorie intake, and I'm back to losing weight.

This time, I'm losing down to 200 (the top range of my ideal weight at 6' 3") and I intend to stay there.

My average weight loss is going to work out to 8 pounds a year for what were supposed to be the most fit years of my life! All that wasted (waist-ed) time. Sigh....

But we move forward, not backward. So hit the RESET button and start over. Best of luck to you, I know it'll be worth it!
  • Wolfeman49
    Options
    Some good stuff in there. Thanks guys! I began again today. I will be back to 176 by the end of May. Thank you for your support. I'll be checking in.