10k NSV

Options
maryduggins
maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
I'm a fairly new runner... scratch that. A REALLY new runner. Before this year I hadn't really ever run except for when I was younger in PE. But, some friends finally pushed me to do it this February and I am so grateful that they did!

I couldn't even run a quarter of a mile without stopping and I had awful shin splints, but I worked through it, got a great pair of Asics, and finally worked my way up to running a full mile. Then two weeks later, 2 miles... then the next week 3 miles! :smile:

I've done two 5k's since then, but I had been 'stuck' at 3 miles. I felt like every time I was running I was just so tired by the time I finished 3 miles that I couldn't go on and do the 4th.

But yesterday when I went out for my run I took it super, super, super slow, and really I just listened to my iPod and didn't even notice I was running. It just felt so natural, like *this* is what my body's made for!

I was feeling so good that I went for 4... then 5... then 6! I did it! I ran 6 miles! Me? The person who hated runners just last year? The person who vowed to *never* get into running? The person who's overweight?

Anyway, I just felt like I had to share. This is a MAJOR mile-marker (no pun intended) for me :bigsmile:

What are some of your NSV's? I love hearing everybody's (:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!