Hello! been using MFP a few weeks now. Love it!

Options
I am 35M 5'6"

I was 299 lbs when I decided that enough was enough and I needed to lose weight!

Since joining I am down to 191.8. I have lost 7.8 lbs since I started. My goal atm is just loose weight. .5 lb a week has been working so far.

I have medical issues due to a fall I received in the military. Fell 10 feet hit the back of my head first and broke my back. It was a death fall. After being a zombie for a bit, I have regained much of my mind and body back after some healing. In the process, I gained 100 lbs.

I have trouble doing anything for long lengths of time. I push through the back pain and attempt to receive some results.

Walking and running prove to be difficult. Swimming is ideal but I have to drive across town to do it. We are trying to save for a pool in our back yard someday or even a sauna.

Housework seems to be a great exercise program many times cause I can do a little here or there.

I have always been athletic. Track, wrestling, and cross country in high school. (track and cross-country were to prepare for wrestling season) I did martial arts after high school for many years. (Tae kwondo and jujitsu) I then went into the military after high school.

This 100 lbs makes me feel like its not even me. I gain all that weight in about a year. Its been 5 years since and still haven't lost it.

I have my old eating habits I had all my life. I grew up with a horrible diet of pre-prepared meals and boxed dinners. I never learned to prepare 'fresh' meals. As well as, I tend to eat as much as I want and do it very fast. A habit of fast eating from my fast paced lifestyle and the military. I don't think that will change much.

I have been fortunate that the VA sends me to a nutritionist. She is knowledgeable about what to it. However, I don't get the practical side of it. I have questions.

How often do people go to the store to get 'fresh' foods? spinach and such seems expensive to do that everyday or every other day. Many foods seem to have a 2-3 day shelf life.

How do they plan their menus? What steps do they take? atm I don't have a diet just watch the amount I eat and try to have low calorie filler foods. Any cheaper suggestions for filler foods?

The hardest part is getting going when I don't feel well. It takes time to get loosened up that sometimes my day is nearly over before I feel like moving around.

I bought a bicycle. A cruiser one with one speed. It is a schwinn with the throwback design. Big springs on the seat with a bigger seat.

I also have the biggest loser DVD at home challenge. It is good with lots of modified moves. Helps tons.

I don't always get to the point of using it consistently though.

I'm hoping to get back to where I was a few short years ago @30-31 now that I'm 35 and injured.

The wife is supportive. She is learning too. We met when I had lots of time on my hands from my injuries and she stuck by me from the start. We both could use some weight loss.

I post this to maybe get some encouragement and ideas for the future. Also maybe meet some people that I can maybe help and support.

Replies

• mohitsarmy
    Options
    I over-ate today :/
  • mohitsarmy
    Options
    Good day today. I ate some fast food but I burned lots of calories mowing the lawn. Sweating hard right now. I really need to get motivated to go all out! Hardcore workout and diet!

I tend to be off again, on again.