The 30 / 90 Project

Options
On April 6th, I began my quest with what I have titled "The 30 / 90 Project". It is my goal to loose 30 lbs. by July 4th.

For years my Dr. has told me that I needed to loose 50 lbs. total in order to live the healthiest life I could. For years, I ignored it. Even though I knew I was not doing myself any good by carrying the extra weight and in addition I hate the way I look. But for some reason I just could not get the motivation I needed to start the journey to get it off.

At my last annual physical at the end of March, my blood work came back stating that I was very near the stages of early diabetes. Along with slightly elevated cholesterol and high blood pressure and more importantly my triglycerides were off the chart. I got scared enough to finally put together my plan to drop the weight in two stages. The first 30 lbs. will help me get the intial bulk off and what will help the most is that loosing that weight will open up a whole new wardrobe in my closet that I have not been able to use in years. Once the intial 30 are gone, I can gradually work the other 20 off without as strict of time table.

I was still in need of something to help me really stay on track and keep me focused when my best friend turned me on to My Fitness Pal. It has changed my life. Just by setting up my program and sticking to my calorie montioring I have gotten off to a great start. Coming in under my calorie goal each day for 11 days and walking the dog each day I have lost 7 lbs. Yes, it is probably all water but weight is weight and it is off. The ball is rolling in the right direction.

I am really excited about putting my tailored resistance training workout program into the mix and watch "not" go to "hot" in terms of my body.

Anyone out there looking for support and is looking for friends to help keep them motivated, friend me and lets help each other reach our goals! :happy:

Replies

• qsusanevans
    Options
    30 lbs in 90 days is really rapid weight loss! Good luck but don't freak out about it if you are closer to a1 lb/ week you would still be doing great! Go!
  • pennysuede
    pennysuede Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think that is great! you can do it! You absolutely can do it. You have already come up with what most people do not. A plan! Keep us updated and good luck. We will be cheering you along!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. You have a focused plan which is the first step to reaching your goals.