First Impressions

Options
Hi,
I am Annie. I am 24 years old and love to be outside. I ran track in high school, did weight lifting and was always very active. I graduated high school; went to college and everything fell apart. :smile: I graduated college in nursing and found myself 60-70lbs overweight. I landed a clinic position and decided I had to find a way to get back in shape. I joined a gym about one year ago, (this was a hugh step for me!) and have lost about 20lbs. I am still somewhat overweight, and my BMI is in healthy range (barely). I hated my nutirition class in college. I try to do well with my diet, but I have learned over the past month on MFP that I was simply taking in too many calories. As you can see, it has taken me awhile to introduce myself :blushing: but I did it! So now, I need a lot of help in the nutrition / weight loss department. I workout each day doing anything from cardio 3-4x/week, strength training 2-3x/week, boxing, kickboxing, ext... And I love, love, love to workout and be active, however I also have severe exercise induced asthma and sometimes this gets in the way. really it makes me so mad and then it gets worse :huh: I had to take about 3-4 months off from the gym because I was almost hospitalized this past Feb. this was a discourageing set-back for me, and I did gain back some weight. I got started back a few weeks ago at the gym, and have lost back down., and now I am stick trying to figure out what to do next. I love this site and have told everyone about it.

Replies

• chubzee
    chubzee Posts: 104
    Options
    Welcome Nurse Annie. Nice to have you here on MFP. Sound like you have had some obtacles get in your way on your weight loss journey. Don't get discouraged just keep on trying and take one day at a time. Always remember "YOU CAN DO IT ! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: