A poll: ink double standards

Options

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Heres my take on the PC crap. Wear what you want ,ink, pierce, dress how you want and say what you want. Everyone needs TGTFO themselves. FYI I love ink and pierceings on men & women.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    btw- what is the double standard?

It's a standard...that's doubled.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    People tend to judge what they don't understand... it is pure ignorance...
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    People have been getting tattooed for only 5,300 years or so. Give it time, the critics will come around.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I was pretty surprised about the responses, for a country that is so diverse there are more people here who judge rather than where I come from.
    I am impressed by your abilities to read the minds of others where you live, since not everyone expresses their like or dislike.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    FWIW I don't really like tats on anyone. Except Ami James. I'd have so many of his babies...

But really, I just like regular ol' skin. Not ignorance. A preference. And I don't think ink looks "worse" on women.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    People love to find reasons to look down on someone else. Tattoos are a lousy one. I much prefer to hate people for being monumentally stupid. There are a lot of those f'ers running around!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    btw- what is the double standard?

Perhaps an analogy:

Imagine a double cheeseburger.

Yum.
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Agreed. I don't really care about other people's tattoos, even though I'm tattoo-free. Like you said, it's like an outfit. If you like them great, if you don't then don't get one.

I'm over the boob posts too. Yes, breasts tend to shrink when you lose weight. If it bothers you that bad, get a boob job. You don't have to ask complete strangers their opinion on it.
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I think tats cover something far more beautiful (skin). I don't like them, my husband has several and to me it is like when you look at something beautiful in nature that has had graffiti tagged on it. I would much rather see the real thing than have it covered up.
    Don't laugh, but I wish so bad I could just see all of him, I feel like I am missing the part of him he covered up and it is like he is covered up all the time :(
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I :heart: my tattoos and plan to get many many more and I could give a flying *kitten* what anyone thinks :drinker:
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I think they are sexy on both sexes..LOL
    anyway I say go big or go home though...
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I like snw' s tattoos.

And nobody should wear spandex...fat or not doesn't matter.

Agreed, spandex does no one any favours
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Well **** all you mother****ing spandex hating *****es, I happen to love them.
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If I gave a crap about what people think, I wouldn't have covered myself in ink. It's ridiculous to think that people won't judge you when you are outside the normal. It doesn't matter... if you have such thin skin that they get to you, then that's your problem, not theirs!!

I love my ink and I did it for me. If someone is prejudiced against me because I have ink, whatever, f-off then. LOL
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Isn't the decision of getting a tattoo, although obviously more permanent, the same thing as asking someone why they decided to pick the outfit they wanted to wear that day?

Not totally the same. Clothes are practical because they protect us from the elements and it is illegal not to wear any in public. Tattoos are not practical. They are artful. If you are more of an artsy person then you will like tattoos probably. If you are more of a practical person you will see tattoos as a waste of time and resources.
  • knitfastpurlyoung
    knitfastpurlyoung Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    There was just ~another~ poll on yet again, why or why not people like tattoos on girls. (the OP did do a good job at asking the question though - i don't think she was being rude at all, that's why i got into that one, usually they just piss me off)

I appreciate you saying. I was honestly not looking for approval or validation, I can make up my own mind.

I was curious as to what motivates the negative responses (excluding the subjective "not for me" opinion), and I didn't really get an answer thus far. Reading between the lines, it just seems that very negative reactions are rooted in closed-mindedness.

I certainly wasn't looking to start a "should i get a tattoo?" "do you think tattoos are hot?" thread, but I suppose it ended up being that anyway!
  • blen85
    blen85 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't judge anybody with tattoos UNLESS they have an offense tattoo.. then I have a problem with it but most ink is art on your body.. and 2/3 of mine are memorial tattoos so they have a special meaning.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I got my tat back when girls who got tats were labeled 'edgy' it was super uncommon for a girl to rock one.

I get them for ME not anybody else.

Can we pick on people who still have a mullet? or a rattail? please?
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I have 12 single tattoos and a half sleeve.

I also have snakebites and guages.

I work for the county. I am the first person anybody sees when they walk into county counsel.

I will continue to get more tattoos.

Why?! Because I think they are effing amazing.

I think they are even more amazing on guys.
    Actually I wont date a guy unless he has tattoos.
    Just a preference. Lol.