High Protein Recipes

Options
HeidiMightyRawr
HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
I'm looking for high protein recipes for a meal to have tonight (50g protein+) I was thinking of protein pancakes, but am trying to think of other alternatives as well. I have a lot of calories spare, probably up to 900.

Any ideas are welcome, if you know the recipe with ingredients in grams (instead of cups) that would be even better, but it doesn't really matter.

The main foods I have in at the moment (unable to go shopping now for extra)
Chicken, minced beef, pasta, rice, milk, PB, eggs, tuna, bread, carrots, peas, flour, cheese, a little bit of butter, mayo, honey, breadcrumbs, sweet potato (just 1) Whey protein (chocolate flavour), a few of the main herbs/spices, and a little bit of pesto.

Replies

• jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Something random I did was make a kind of tuna/egg salad. Can of tuna plus some egg whites and some cottage cheese with various spices. Think that would get you at least to 40 grams of protein.
  • JodiHop
    JodiHop Posts: 25
    Options
    BUMP...ALWAYS looking for good high protein recipes....thanks
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Bump....Need some of these too.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Also need some of these.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    protein crepes.. its still a work in progress but its getting pretty good ^_^

25g protein .. 1 scope or 2 w.e if you feeling.. vanilla flavored. not the best protein but still manages to taste ok..

about a half a cup of egg whites.. or you can use full eggs.

30g of flaxseed

add something like a sweetener for better taste. today i used cinnamon.

i mixed the eggs , protein , flaxseed together.. i woulda added sweetner here also but didn't have any..

cooked it like an egg omelet..

filled it with fruit.. and put some yogurt (i used strawberry flavored) on the outside with the cinnamon..

taste was about 8/10 not a bad treat .. takes me like 3-4 minutes tops to make

some times i'll put pb in it also.. unno i just always change it up..
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Chicken parm over pasta

Pound or butterfly chicken to about .5in thickness

dredge in egg wash then breadcrumbs

saute in a little bit of oil till browned on both sides

top with sauce and some cheese and melt cheese under the broiler

serve with pasta
  • starrygirl82
    starrygirl82 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    protein crepes.. its still a work in progress but its getting pretty good ^_^

25g protein .. 1 scope or 2 w.e if you feeling.. vanilla flavored. not the best protein but still manages to taste ok..

about a half a cup of egg whites.. or you can use full eggs.

1/4 cup of flaxseed

add something like a sweetener for better taste. today i used cinnamon.

i mixed the eggs , protein , flaxseed together.. i woulda added sweetner here also but didn't have any..

cooked it like an egg omelet..

filled it with fruit.. and put some yogurt (i used strawberry flavored) on the outside with the cinnamon..

taste was about 8/10 not a bad treat .. takes me like 3-4 minutes tops to make

some times i'll put pb in it also.. unno i just always change it up..

This sounds really good! Not loaded with lots of carbs or sugar makes it even better :)
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Protein Powder, Peanut Butter and Milk. Makes one hell of a tasty protein shake.
  • kellapicola
    kellapicola Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    BUMP - need some too!
  • gurrl_
    gurrl_ Posts: 69
    Options
    buump
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas here, thanks!

Think I've going with the chicken/breadcrumbs one :D Haven't used the breadcrumbs for anything yet, and I've had them for ages!! Might have a few pancakes after too if there's any cals spare.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    The best protein recipe I've found so far is:
    1. Open bag of beef jerky
    2. Consume

So I guess what I'm saying is... bump.
  • Stacey_c123
    Stacey_c123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/baked-chicken-parmesan.html

Above is a good one.

When I am lazy and just need protein I bake a large chicken breast, put a slice or two of bacon on top before I put in the oven. When done I put swiss cheese on to melt. Then I eat just that. Tons of protein and a bit of fat, no carbs. It is really good and easy.
  • nimprotein
    Options
    Hello I have a blog where I post nothing but High Protein Recipes and protein related information, you might find it helpful. www.HighProteinFoods.org

Here is one recipe that are over 50 grams per serving
    http://highproteinfoods.org/chicken-lazone-recipe/

Hope this helps, Enjoy!
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hello I have a blog where I post nothing but High Protein Recipes and protein related information, you might find it helpful. www.HighProteinFoods.org

Here is one recipe that are over 50 grams per serving
    http://highproteinfoods.org/chicken-lazone-recipe/

Hope this helps, Enjoy!

what a fabulous idea! Will be venturing on there a few times a week no doubt!