other web-sites

lynnie25
lynnie25 Posts: 93
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
ok i was looking on the web at other webs site like this one and i came across another one and it said i should only have 977 in calories and this one said i should be at 1200 whats the deal here...i'm already feeling blue about the very little weight loss this week..i dont get it though..i walked at home on the tread mill two times threw out the day for five days and was very active around the house all week..could not make it to the gym due to work hours(but that will change again soon)was not bad with the calorie in take only on a few days..but other wise it was ok...so what i'm thinking is that you can not lose what you want unless the gym is inclued...i need some input on this???

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    you can lose weight without going to the gym.

977 calories is a starvation diet.

you look like you have very little to lose, so it will come off extremely slowly.

lots of patience!
  • McLachfan
    McLachfan Posts: 50
    Be weary of any plan telling you need to consume so few calories. You should never eat less than 1200 calories a day or your body will think it is starving and store everything you do put into your mouth as fat. Not to mention it will completely mess up your metabolism!
  • incorporeally
    incorporeally Posts: 27 Member
    Believe it or not, sometimes you actually have to eat more to lose weight! That's what happened to my mom. She had to up her calories and now she has lost over 15 pounds! Make sure that you are eating healthy, because even if you don't go to the gym, what you eat is the key. I've heard that 1200 calories a day is the bare minimum, but every site seems to be different. Since you daily caloric intake is supposed to be around 2000, then 1200 is plenty less. Anything under that is asking for complications.
This discussion has been closed.