Are you talented?

Options
TheFitHooker
TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
So what kind of talent do you have? Did you ever perform in a talent show? Do you have a talent that no one knows about? What are they???

I have nothing that's like impressive lol... I write poetry, I sing to myself and daughter lol, um I'm gifted with the ability to teach myself anything I wish to teach myself, but I think anyone can do that one haha.

Replies

• morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I used to dance in competitions and talent shows. I danced a few years ago in an alumni dance and now I dance with the other moms! That is pretty much it
  • WiegandS
    WiegandS Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I can draw and paint really well, but I'm a makeup artist so if you can do one you can usually do the others as well seeing as art seems to be pretty fluid.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I have a "few" but I have two strikes so.....
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I do have a talent for singing. I took lessons for about 7 years and did musical theatre as long as I can possibly remember. Got several scholarships to college for it as well. It's more of a hobby now, and I'm actually performing the National Anthem at a minor league baseball game (Round Rock Express--Texas Rangers AAA team) this July!
  • MiniaturePoptarts
    Options
    I create designs on the computer and other things like that.. I created a digital menu for his shop, and he said it is better than the ones he was going to pay for, so I guess I'm good. I taught myself how to play Fur Elise and Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven, so I guess I'm good at that too.. I don't know what else. :)
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I sing, play guitar, and bass. The very first band I was in played our high school's talent show (long live Raw Ignition \m/ ( x . x ) \m/ )
  • cglyfer
    cglyfer Posts: 119
    Options
    If you count being AWESOME a talent count me in...JK!!!:bigsmile:

I sing...made a CD too chicken to send it in...mostly local stuff with a couple of buddies...
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I used to play piano when I was a few years younger. I did perform in a couple recitals until the fear of performing in front of people got too intense. I did keep practicing for a long time after that, mostly just for fun. I don't actually own a piano so I can't play as much as I'd like to.

I don't know if you consider this a talent, but I'm extremely organized and I have been known to completely tear apart rooms/areas and completely overhaul it to make it much more clean and organized. My husband loves it, because it gets him out of cleaning sometimes lol.

Also, I won a few awards in school for essay writing and my baking ability is pretty famous with my friends and family. :smile:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Oh well I draw as well, and the design thing I design more then just computer stuff though. I can dance just not good at it ROFL!!! This white girl has no rhythm lol... I play a little piano and most things with music comes pretty natural to me.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I can sleep amazingly well.

Amazingly.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    I come from a family of very talented people. My grandmother and grandpa draw and paint, my great uncle was a famous cartoonist in PA. My mom was an incredible pianist and singer. I got most of my family's talents and I'm an incredible writer, or so I've been told. Too bad I have never had the confidence to publicly share any of my talents. :/
  • fayglet
    fayglet Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Auticus, my hero :)

I am involved in the visual arts - oil painting, photography etc. I have actually gotten some art published which is super cool! I wish I could sing though... especially gospel. Anybody want to teach me haha?
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I dance, play piano and violin (sometimes), I make jewelry, I knit, I teach (that is a talent, not all teacher have it either). I'm stubborn. That's a talent too. Seriously! :bigsmile:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have a "few" but I have two strikes so.....

Ha! :)
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options

Amazingly.
    ^^^^ this
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

Amazingly.

Love it!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Everyone has some talent at something.
  • StarvingKyy
    StarvingKyy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Rhythmic Gymnastics. Look it up - its why I'm so intense with my workouts and diets to be thin. Look what I have to compete with :P

Its fun though and a great workout : )
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I play guitar and do really, really, really odd accoustic versions of Lady Gaga songs... And I twirl baton. I can do up to three batons on fire at one time.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I am a natural says my coach at rugby :]

I won a few awards in high school for my drawings

I can do push ups like a champ xD