Critique my Dairy

bltrexler
bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
Hello All Wise and Knowledgeable MFP users,

I’ve hit a wall with weight loss and could use some outside perceptive on my food logs. So please give your suggestion and feedback. Thanks

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    You persistently overshoot your protein target, is there a reason ?

Also the data for "Generic - Lamb Ground Patties 113 g (4 oz), 56.5 g" looks wrong - no protein.
  • cc11395
    cc11395 Posts: 121 Member
    I noticed a couple things:

1. Your meals are very similar on a daily basis.

2. Besides protein, you tend to go over most days on sugar as well.

I am wondering if this is just your body's way of looking for you to change things up and provide more variety? I know that my trainer says it's good to "shock" the body by eating something completely out of the norm a couple days. Also, you may find it helpful to replace one of your shakes or yogurts with something less caloric but more substantial (like roasted veggies).

I am sure there are some gurus on here that will be much more knowledgable - but it's always nice to get a lot of "food for thought."
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    I wouldn't worry about going over on Protien - I have my macros set so I have about 100 G of protien a day...

I eat clean so when i hit walls i really focus in on carbs and sugars...keep the carbs down to about 75 and really watch sugars (from all sources - even "natural" sources).. I have been going in cycles - Spending a few weeks really watching my macors to drop some weight and then easing off a bit to maintain for a week or two to make sure I can maintain and then hit really watching the macros for a few weeks to drop some more....then back off to maintain...

overall your diary looks ok to me...the only thing I would ask is are you sure on portion sizes you are inputting...depending on what you are eating going over a bit could be an extra 20 calories or an extra 100 calories...
  • bltrexler
    You persistently overshoot your protein target, is there a reason ?

Also the data for "Generic - Lamb Ground Patties 113 g (4 oz), 56.5 g" looks wrong - no protein.
    I missed the lack of protein on the lamb, thanks.

I have trying to reduced my carb intake and increase protein to feel full longer, plus I saw a a registered dieticin and she recomened an increase.
  • bltrexler
    I wouldn't worry about going over on Protien - I have my macros set so I have about 100 G of protien a day...

I eat clean so when i hit walls i really focus in on carbs and sugars...keep the carbs down to about 75 and really watch sugars (from all sources - even "natural" sources).. I have been going in cycles - Spending a few weeks really watching my macors to drop some weight and then easing off a bit to maintain for a week or two to make sure I can maintain and then hit really watching the macros for a few weeks to drop some more....then back off to maintain...

overall your diary looks ok to me...the only thing I would ask is are you sure on portion sizes you are inputting...depending on what you are eating going over a bit could be an extra 20 calories or an extra 100 calories...

good point, I weight most of my food at home. I have been wondering if I need to eat something different. I am a creature of habit.