Started with live strong and now I'm here!

Options
I started my weight loss journey and lifestyle change in November 2010. I started at 228lbs and have lost 35 lbs since (with some ups and downs). My trainer suggested I switch to MFP and already I'm loving it! Live strong is great for some things but MFP fills in what LS left to desire.

Hoping to make some new friends, build a support system and continuing to build knowledge, share experiences and drop lbs. There is so much incredible inspiration and encouragement on this site, and I very much look forward to being a part of it! Please feel free to add me :)

Replies

• LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I dont know what live strong it, but welcome to MFP!
  • angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I peeked at your diary and great job eating the calories your burning. So many people new to MFP eat way too little! Gl on your journey to become a better you! Add me if you would like =)

Angel
  • keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    Options
    Welcome and I agree! I still use LS to track my weight because I like their graph a lot more, but everything else about MFP is way better.
  • MaryBowen27
    MaryBowen27 Posts: 132
    Options
    Live strong is another app/site that does similar things to MFP. Livestrong.org. Many similar features, but way more benefits here!
  • aztcw21
    aztcw21 Posts: 2
    Options
    I started with Live Strong and just switched! The motivation seems to help me more!!
  • MaryBowen27
    MaryBowen27 Posts: 132
    Options
    Welcome and I agree! I still use LS to track my weight because I like their graph a lot more, but everything else about MFP is way better.

I agree! Plus I have that chart starting at 228 so it shows my whole process :) The food scanner on here though- wowzers. I never had so much fun tracking food!
  • aztcw21
    aztcw21 Posts: 2
    Options
    I haven't used the scanner yet haha I'll have to try it! I need all the motivation I can get so feel free to friend me!!!
  • keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    Options

I agree! Plus I have that chart starting at 228 so it shows my whole process :) The food scanner on here though- wowzers. I never had so much fun tracking food!
    That too! I have weigh-ins going back like 6 years on there. The barcode scanner is awesome, right?!
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP,
    hopefully you will get what you need..
    feel free to add me as I need some friends & support from others too..
    maybe we can share knowledge and tips.
  • hcdawg
    hcdawg Posts: 69
    Options
    I started with live strong too! The app is why I switched to here! Congrats on what you have already lost!! Add me of you like, I can always use the encouragement!!
  • KelCanDoThis
    KelCanDoThis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    This is a great site. I have made loads of friends. The support from everyone is so helpful and supportive

X
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    you are welcome to add me
  • Krispy247
    Krispy247 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ha - I started with Livstrong too! I didn't use it but this website definitely motivates me more and provides more detail about my day's food consumption. Just much more user friendly!
  • Krispy247
    Krispy247 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OMG this scanner is genius!! It's so easy to use, especially since all you do is hit add, hold the scanner up and done! No pushing of buttons or anything - it automatically captures the barcode after adjusting clarity. AWESOME TOOL!!