no calories left - what now???

Options
i have wasted my daily calorie allowance and dont have any left f for my dinner :( what should I do, just skip tonight's dinner and have a better day tomorrow? This is my first week of trying to eat more as have been eating under my bmr up until now - but i have been a little too enthusiastic!

Replies

• Ondreacrandall
    Ondreacrandall Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I would try to get a good work out in, drink lots of water, and eat a light and healthy dinner.
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    Add in some exercise today - that will give you extra calories to eat back... :)
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I would judge it more on how you feel. If you are absolutely starving at dinner time tonight try to have a very light dinner, some fish/chicken with just veggies. Something with little calories but some protein to make you get through it. But if you've had a lot of "good" calories today then you might not feel hungry at dinner time and might be able to skip it with no problem. If your calories were empty though you will be very hungry!
  • lorigreg
    lorigreg Posts: 61
    Options
    It is always your choice. Skip dinner and be at goal or miss dinner and suffer through it. I unfortunately go over my goal often. I need to cut out the night time snacks. You could try having a salad with greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. and maybe a little chicken for some protein. That way you wouldn't go too much over.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Add in some exercise today - that will give you extra calories to eat back... :)
    ^ This.
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    You need to eat dinner. If you wait too long in between meals, you might be more inclined to overeat at your next meal. You can always do some cardio to get some extra calories (but that's coming from someone who usually eats back exercise calories)
  • lorigreg
    lorigreg Posts: 61
    Options
    This is a GREAT idea! Wish I had thought of it.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Work out! Make your own calories (but use a HRM so you aren't lying to yourself). :smile:

Do this ALL the time. Eating more is the best incentive to exercise ever.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't skip dinner. This is a learning exercise. You could exercise to "earn" dinner, or you could accept that you wont get it right every day.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    have you worked out yet?
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I would try to get a good work out in, drink lots of water, and eat a light and healthy dinner.

Totally this.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I would just have dinner tonight and go over my calories for the day. Then take what you've learned today and try again tomorrow.
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Time to burn some calories and earn your dinner!!!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    one word: EXERCISE
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    ^ This.

This^^

Also, one important thing to remember is not to starve yourself if you do go over. Everyone does it....everyone. Just don't make it a habit :flowerforyou:
  • robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You need to eat! Starving yourself will make you binge or eat poorly tomorrow too. There are plenty of things you can eat that have very low calorie counts in them. DO NOT beat yourself up, and tomorrow is a new day to try again. I am starting out as well and have a little trouble counting my calories. You really have to plan the whole day out in advance, including snacks. There are a lot of websites out there that will help you find a low-calorie meal.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Go work out. Earn the calories. NEVER SKIP A MEAL!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    exercise! :)

but if you go over, it's not the end of the world.. don't beat yourself up if it's a one-time thing
  • Mojofiendish
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better I quite regularly balls it up and go over! Try not to miss dinner though.Just have something healthy. Also, sometimes going way over gives your metabolism a nudge and actually does you a favour. Tomorrow is always another day ; )
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Get to working out! Earn some more calories...dont punish yourself by not eating dinner (unless of course your arent hungry)